Error HandlingError Handling is a category in a Walk-Thru's Settings where you can configure features that support playing your Walk-Thru no matter what page your user is on when they start it.
Common uses of Error Handling include:
- Redirecting a user to a home page from which the Walk-Thru can begin
- Notify users they are going to be redirected to another page with a custom message
Error Handling only applies to the first step in a Walk-Thru. Error Handling does not affect a Walk-Thru if the first step is able to play. Error handling can be set individually for a single Walk-Thru (in the Walk-Thru’s Settings) or globally for all Walk-Thrus (in General Settings). Error handling set for an individual Walk-Thru will override Global Error handling settings. Once the user has been redirected to the correct page, the first step will play again.
When Error Handling is enabled, if the first element of the Walk-Thru is not visible on the page, WalkMe will automatically redirect the user to a page from which the Walk-Thru can play. You can also configure a message to appear before the redirect takes place.
- In your Walk-Thru click Settings at the bottom of the editor
- In the left hand menu click Error Handling.
Error Handling Options
- Safe Start: Automatically redirect users to the page from which the Walk-Thru starts.
- Prompt User: Notify a user of the redirect with a Safe Start Message by turning “Prompt User” ON.
- Custom Dead End Message: Set a custom message to inform the user that a Walk-Thru cannot be started from that page.