Customize PlayerIn the Customize Player tab in Customize, you can make changes to the tab (widget) that sits on the edge of the page and opens the Player Menu when clicked.
- Use Cases
- Main View
- Widget Tab
- Menu Tab
- Attention Grabber Tab
- Settings Tab
Let's Talk A Bit More
- Add an attention grabber to the widget to increase probability of user engagement
- Change the color of the widget to match the color palette of your site
- Change the location of the widget on the screen
Use the Customize Player tab to change the default appearance, style, and behavior of the widget. Before loading on your site, WalkMe will check all customization options and display accordingly.
In the Main window of the Customize Player tab, find the following features:
- Preview: View a preview image of the widget
- Change placement on screen: The widget can be placed around the edge.
- Splash or Dock: Choose the type of display when the widget is clicked and the Player Menu opens. A Splash menu will appear in the middle of the page and dim the screen around it. A Docked Menu will open on the perimeter of the screen with no additional effects.
In the widget tab of the Customize Player tab, find the following features:
- Style and Color of the Widget: Note that if you select None, the widget will not be visible on your site. You can also use CSS to further customize the widget.
In the menu tab of the Customize Player tab, select style of the menu. If you select “none” the widget will not open anything when clicked.
Attention Grabber Tab
Attention Grabbers are designed to increase awareness and user engagement with WalkMe.
Attention Grabber Settings: Use settings to display a different Attention Grabber on alternate days or in different situations. Use the Menu Overview style and then a week later you can use another Attention Grabber to remind users where to find help. You can even use settings to only show Attention Grabbers when new items have been published.
- Display for the first time on day ___, then every ___sessions (0 - no repetition): Set the number of days before Attention Grabber appears for the first time. To repeat Attention Grabber, set number of days a user visits a website before displaying the Attention Grabber again (If set to 0 the Attention Grabber will not display again). Days are counted when a user visits your website. For example, if a Ticker is set to Display for the first time on day 1, and every 3 days, then the first day someone visits the website the Ticker will appear and then the 3rd day they visit your website it will appear again. It does not display exactly 3 days later, unless the user visits the website each day for the next 3 days.
- Wait to display for_ seconds: Set the number of seconds to delay your Attention Grabber
- For a duration of __seconds: Set number of seconds Attention Grabber displays
- Show only when new content (Walk-Thrus, Launchers etc) are made available: Check box to display Attention Grabber only when new items have been added to the WalkMe Player Menu or published.
- Create a Display Segment: Create a rule to determine if Attention Grabber plays.
- Using Multiple Attention Grabbers: Only one Attention Grabber displays on a given day, per user. If two Attention Grabbers are set to play on the same day, only 1 will appear.
- Reset History: Resetting History removes display history for ALL USERS. For example, after Resetting History all users will see Attention Grabbers set to display on the first day the next time they visit your website, regardless of previous Attention Grabbers they may have seen or the number of times they have visited your website.
Tip: Previewing only shows Attention Grabbers set to display on the first day. To Preview Attention Grabbers that are set to display on other days, change their settings to display on the first day and disable other Attention Grabbers set to display on the first day.
In the text tab, change the text that appears in the widget, menu, search bar, and the font size of the text in the widget.
In the Settings tab, find the following features:
- Text direction: this is the alignment of the text in the search bar and widget
- Display Conditions: Create Rules for when the widget will display
Try it Out