Walk-ThrusWalk-Thrus guide users through an online process start to finish. Clear and straightforward directions are given in tip balloons overlaid on the screen. Walk-Thrus can be highly effective for support, training, or promotional purposes.
What's the difference between Walk-Thrus and Smart Walk-Thrus?
Click here for instructions on creating your first Walk-Thru.
For example, a company may introduce a new process for requesting vacation days in its HR software. Employees need training on requesting leave and managers need training on approving requests. Separate Walk-Thrus could be created detailing the steps required to complete the process and segmented for the different groups. When a user plays the Walk-Thru, it will teach them how to complete the process real time. They can come back to the Walk-Thru at any time if they need a refresher on how to do it.
Here are a few more examples of how Walk-Thrus can be used:
- Feature Adoption: Help Customer Success Managers shorten the time it takes customers to adopt a new software, boosting customer experience and loyalty.
- Onboarding and Training: Onboard and train employees faster by providing constant and relevant guidance on screen. Walk-Thrus allow employees to learn as they work so no time is wasted.
- Support: Enable customers to provide self-service support by directing them to a relevant Walk-Thru, providing an engaging, effortless and personalized online experience.
- Player Menu: The user can search or browse the list of published Walk-Thrus in the Player Menu and launch it by clicking on the title
- Launcher: The user can click a Launcher (like a quickstart button placed anywhere on your site) to start a Walk-Thru
- ShoutOut: Users can be given the option to play a Walk-Thru by clicking on an action button in a ShoutOut
- AutoPlay: Walk-Thrus can be set to launch automatically under certain conditions
Before a Walk-Thru will play, WalkMe will check the Segmentation Rule. Once this rule is confirmed as true, WalkMe will search for the element of the first Step. Goals and analytics data start to be collected as soon as the Walk-Thru is loaded.
Once the element has been found, the Walk-Thru will play. The Walk-Thru will continue to guide the user until the last step is played and triggered.
learn more about Element Grade.
- Title: Edit the main instruction for the user
- Text: Include additional instructions or details for the step if desired
- Trigger: Determine what action will move the Walk-Thru onto the next step. Triggers drive the Walk-Thru forward and make it interactive.
- Click: User clicks the element
- Next: User clicks a Next button on the balloon. The following triggers can be combined with the Next trigger by pressing Control on a PC (or Command on a Mac):
- Click + Next: Triggers the following step by clicking the element OR clicking the Next button
- Text + Next: Triggers the following step by typing into element OR clicking the Next button
- Text: User enters text in the element
- Hover: User hovers over the element
- Multiple Balloon: The following step is also triggered; ie both balloons display at the same time
- Delay: The next step will play automatically after a set number of seconds
- Refresh: Page is refreshed
- Drop-Down Menu Triggers: The following triggers only appear as options when a drop down menu element is selected :
- Select Any: Any item in a drop down menu is selected
- Select Specific: A specific drop down item is selected
- Select Any + Next: Triggers the following step by selecting any item in a drop down menu OR clicking the Next button
- Select Specific + Next: Triggers the following step by selecting a specific item in a drop down menu OR clicking the Next button
- Table Elements: The following triggers only appear as options when a Table is selected Select Column
- Select Row
- Select Cell
- Select Table
- Balloon Position: Change where the step balloon appears in relation to the element selected (Further customize position in Appearance > Position)
- Add More Triggers: Add additional elements on the screen that can trigger the step.
- Rich Text Editor: Further customize the balloon
- Change font style, color, and size for the header and content of the balloon
- Add a hyperlink
- Add bullets in the content field
- Insert a Walk-Thru in the content field
- Insert an image in the content field (using the URL)
- Insert a video from YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, or Flash in the content field (using the URL)
- Insert an iFrame to host content from another domain