Getting Started with WalkMe
Why Use Walkme?
WalkMe is an innovative learning tool that provides in-application guidance to help you navigate through key business processes on your platform. WalkMe simplifies the user experience by providing on-screen, step-by-step guidance at the moment of need, so that your customers can complete any task successfully.
What Is Walkme?
WalkMe includes three modules:
- WalkMe Editor: The back-end where your WalkMe admin will create, edit, and publish WalkMe items. Click here for the full Installation Guide
- WalkMe Player: The front-end where your users will access WalkMe. Click here to learn how to deploy WalkMe on your site.
- WalkMe Analytics: A powerful tool for making sense of how your end-users are experiencing WalkMe. Go to analytics.walkme.com
Kickoff Your Project: Meet Your Walkme Team
A Kickoff call is the first opportunity you have to meet and get to know your Customer Success Manager. During this phase, they will reach out to confirm the project goals and review the implementation plan. Together, you and your Customer Success Manager will brainstorm on the solutions that best address the challenges you are facing. Your Customer Success Manager will ask you a few questions in order to get a better understanding of your needs. Come prepared to answer the following:
- Who are your users, and what are their biggest pain points?
- What are you looking to measure and improve?
- How do you currently offer Support and Training?
- What is the timeline for this project?
- Are there any design or functional changes planned for your site?
- Can you provide us with credentials to your environment?
- How would you like your implementation to look?
Identifying Business Challenges
The best way to approach WalkMe is to approach it just as you would your product. Our experienced team of customer success managers will help you identify user challenges on your site, and relate them back to your performance metrics. After you review your unique business challenges with your Customer Success Manager, they will help you apply the most effective WalkMe solutions. Looking for some reading? This guide will introduce you to important concepts in its development process. Following these guidelines will help you manage WalkMe and get a sense of how to manage it to produce the most value. Read our Strategy Cheat Sheet.
In this phase, your Customer Success Manager will use their expertise to imagine and create a solution that will meet your needs and add value to using WalkMe. Your Customer Success Manager will go above and beyond simple fixes and they will recommend solutions that they know will be successful and address your goals. Your Customer Success Managers experience will enable them to think about a holistic approach to your site’s challenges. Your Customer Success Manager will demo a few short processes and the other WalkMe Apps to give you a firm idea of how WalkMe can address your challenges.
After reviewing your WalkMe solutions with your Customer Success Manager, your implementation will be handed over to our Professional Services team. Their focus is to ensure your implementation functions seamlessly and passes quality assurance testing. Once the build has been tested, your Customer Success Manager will present the build and get feedback from your team. Read more about our Apps and Features in the Knowledge Base.
In order for the Player to appear on your website, you must deploy WalkMe by Snippet or by Extension. Read more about our Deployment Options here. Once WalkMe is deployed on your site, publish your WalkMe items in order to make them visible on your site.
- Schedule regular, weekly meeting with your Customer Success Manager to review your implementation.
- Think about Phase Two and what other issues you can address with WalkMe.
- Take our introductory courses in a live session or self-paced modules. Once you’ve completed Basic and Essential Walk, test your skills by taking our WalkMe Builder Certification.