Using Salesforce Groups to Target UsersWithin WalkMe for Salesforce, you can use Salesforce Groups to segment WalkMe items. This allows you an additional way to segment items besides the default Salesforce variables available.
|Salesforce Groups is an Enabled Feature available to our Salesforce Users. For access, contact your CSM or customer support at email@example.com.|
How It WorksYour Salesforce Administrator can create groups in Salesforce to better enable people who work together to share information. Groups can be used to share records and other information within a specified workgroup. These groups will be present in your implementation in the form of a variable.
Once these groups have been created, they can be utilized within the Segmentation Center. Salesforce Groups are checked against the value defined in the Segmentation Rule. To use the Salesforce Groups within the Rule Engine, the Variable name must start with “walkme_sf_groups.”
- Log into your Salesforce Instance
- Click your name and click Setup
- In the Quick Find, type Public Groups. Then click Public Groups in the results
- Select your Group
- Use the Group Name listed in the Rule Engine
- Have your Salesforce Administrator provide you with a list of all the Group Labels that are part of your Salesforce instance
- Open the Rule Engine
- Under Rule Type select User Data, then choose Variables
- In the Variable Name, type walkme_SF_Groups
- From the Operator Menu, choose "Like"
- In the text field, type in your group name surrounded by an asterisk "*"
In the example above, the name of the group is Admin & Key Users. This text will change based on the name of the group, but will always be preceded and followed by and asterisk.