This article explains how to build a Web Integration with WalkMe ActionBot.
With ActionBot, you can enable an ActionBot conversation’s ending-action to connect to a separate Editor System to collect conversation parameters and then run automated Smart Walk-Thrus on a Web application, such as Salesforce.
To learn more about what the WalkMe ActionBot is, visit our article What Is the WalkMe ActionBot?
You can also read more about building ActionBots here.
Creating an Automated Process
Once you have ActionBot enabled by your Account Manager, you have the ability to run an automated process to a web application. This can provide many functional uses, including allowing you to fill a support ticket automatically.
- Web Editor Automated Smart Walk-Thru (ASWT) configuration:
- First, within a Multi-System Account’s Web Editor, create an Automated Smart Walk-Thru
- Create Automated Steps set to “Fill” require a dynamic conversation parameter in this format:
- Copy and document each Automated Fill Step’s dynamic conversation parameters, you’ll need it later
- Once the Automated Smart Walk-Thru is complete, copy and document its permalink, you’ll need it later
- ActionBot configuration:
- Switch the account from the Web Editor to the Editor System with the ActionBot via the System Switcher
- Within the Editor, change the Item’s dropdown to ActionBot
- Within the ActionBots App, add a new Bot
- Note: Workstation may only contain ONE ActionBot with multiple Conversations
- Next, Create a Conversation
- Add Conversation Questions as needed
- End the Conversation with an Added Action
- Name the Action
- Next, set the Added Action Type to “Web Integration”
- Next, from the Web System dropdown, select the Editor Web System from the MSA Account to Integrate with
- Now, input the Destination URL for the Action’s redirect
- Then, input the SWT’s Permalink from the selected Editor Web System
- Under the “Data the Web Integration Requires” section:
- Now, click Save Action to Conversation
- Publish the Bot and Conversation to the same environment as the Web Smart Walk-Thru
- Enjoy Automated Processes 🤖