If scripting is disabled on your SAP client or server, you will not be able to capture and play Walkme content.
To see if this is indeed the issue, hover the bottom bar and see if there is an indication for disabled scripting
To enable scripting on server side (or client side), please follow the instructions here:
Enabling SAP GUI Scripting on the Server Side
saplogon.exe, log in to your SAP server using your credentials. The SAP Easy Access window opens.
- Run transaction
- Specify the parameter name:
sapgui/user_scriptingand then press Enter on the keyboard or Display in the SAP interface.
- In the Display Profile Parameter Attributes window, press the Change Value button on the toolbar.
- Set the New value of
TRUE. Save the changes.
- Log off and back on again to see the change into effect, as it does not apply to sessions that are currently running.
Enabling SAP GUI Scripting on the Client Side
- On the Toolbar, go to the Customize Local Layout button and select Options from the drop-down menu. The SAP GUI Options window opens.
- Go to Accessibility & Scripting and click on Scripting. Under User Settings, check the box next to Enable scripting. Make sure the other options are disabled. Save the changes by clicking OK. The SAP GUI scripting is now enabled.