The following document provides the steps required for developing a simple application using the WalkMe SDK.
- 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 or newer Windows Operating System
- WalkMe for Windows Desktop MSI – Contact your Account Manager for the latest version
- WalkMe account settings file
- (For Editing content only) Download and install Walkme Editor
- Install Walkme MSI:
- Launch Visual Studio (or equivalent)
- Create an application (in this example: a C++ Windows Console Application that prints “Hello WalkMe!”)
- Add $(WALKMEDIR)include to the include directories of the project (right click on project in solution explorer -> Properties -> C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories)
- Add $(WALKMEDIR)lib$(PlatformTarget) to library directories (right click on project in solution explorer -> Properties -> Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories)
- Add WalkMe SDK library as a linker dependency (right click on project in solution explorer -> Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies). For an SDK which supports Qt (For example: WalkMe Teams), the library is “WalkMe.Desktop.QtSDK.lib”. For other apps (for example: WalkMe Meetings) use “WalkMe.Desktop.SDK.lib”.
- Include “walkmeSdk.h” in HelloWalkme.cpp source file.
- Write code using the supplied methods in “walkmeSdk.h”
//HelloWalkme.cpp: example file for WalkMe SDK integration
std::cout << “Hello WalkMe!n”;
wmOptions.analyticsMode = WalkmeAnalytics::WALKME_ANALYTICS_MODE::On;
wmOptions.loggingMode = WalkmeLogging::WALKME_LOGGING_MODE::Stdout;
wmOptions.storageMode = WalkmeStorage::WALKME_STORAGE_MODE::Remote;
wmOptions.userId = endUserId.c_str();
wmOptions.language = NULL;
WalkmeSdk::Start(m_startURL.c_str(), m_startWMDirectory.c_str(), wmOptions);
- <endUserID> The relevant id used to identify the end-user (for testing purposes it can be any combination of letters and words).
- <settingFileUrl> The relevant URL that matches your account
- <walkmeDir>The directory that contains the file “WalkMe.Desktop.Client.Launcher.SDK.exe”. The default MSI installation path is “C:Program FilesWalkMeDesktop”.
Build the project and run – you will see the WalkMe outer process launched.