The WalkMe Desktop Editor is the same Editor used in WalkMe Web, it allows builders to create and develop solutions on their desktop platform. For Enterprise Accounts, Desktop is considered as one of the systems available to your account.
To build solutions using the WalkMe Desktop system, you will need to:
- If you haven’t already done so, Install Walkme Editor and create an account (Download the WalkMe Editor ).
- Enable desktop platform for your account (unless using an Enterprise Account).
- Download and install the Desktop Connector.
If you have any difficulty during the Installation process, or you would like to update your existing account to an Enterprise account, please contact your WalkMe representative or WalkMe Support.
For more information on multi-system accounts
Enabling Desktop Platform on Your Editor
Ask your Account Manager to enable ‘Desktop Platform’ on your Editor environment.
For regular accounts, after the feature has been enabled, you will be able to switch between the Web and Desktop platforms in the Editor.
For Enterprise Accounts, users are able to switch between accounts using the Systems button:
The content for each platform is created and edited separately.
There are a few differences in supported features and apps between the platforms, therefore some of the options available in the Web Editor may not be available in the Desktop Editor and vice versa. For more information on these differences see the Comparisons Table.
Installing the Desktop Connector
The Desktop Connector allows the Desktop Editor to communicate with the desktop environment (and supported applications) for building WalkmMe content.
The Connector should run when working with the Desktop Editor.
To install the Desktop connector, use the package sent to you by your CSM.
This package should only be installed for users who wish to use the WalkMe Editor to create content for the end users.
After the package has been installed, you can run the connector.
The file path is: This PC → C → Program files (x86) → WalkmeDesktop → Walkme.Desktop.Editor.Launcher.exe
Switching to the Desktop Editor Platform
- Open the “WalkMe Editor” (the Editor application) on the computer’s desktop: (IC:Program files Desktop, recommended to create a shortcut)
- Next, to your profile icon, hover over the platform icon and be sure that the newly added Desktop Windows platform is selected:
- Note: You will receive a warning at the top of the editor (until you have completed the instructions below). This warning indicates there is no connection between WalkMe’s Editor and the system connector. This connection is opened once both the Editor application AND the Desktop Connector are open:
Opening the Desktop Connector
Open the Desktop Editor exe file (on computer’s desktop)
A green window called “WalkMe Desktop Editor Connector” will open:
If the window isn’t open or it’s open but red, you are not connected (which means you can’t make any action which requires the system, i.e. capture, preview, or play content). If it’s not connected, try closing and re-opening:
You may now create/edit content in the same manner as in WalkMe Web.
Playing WalkMe Desktop Content
Playing content can be done by clicking the ‘preview’ button on the Editor.
For end users, the player package already contains the account’s GUID.
If you wish to run the client after installing an editor package, you would need to config the account’s GUID in the player