Steps For Building a Walk-Thru
You must capture WalkMe Mobile Walk-Thrus in your app itself using Power Mode; there are no templates in the Mobile Console for Walk-Thrus, since each Walk-Thru must be captured from scratch for each app on which WalkMe Mobile is implemented.
Open your app’s Power Mode and follow these steps to build a WalkMe Mobile Walk-Thru for your app:
- Tap the WalkMe bubble:
…to bring up the Power Mode menu:
- Tap Capture;
- Tap Capture Walk-Thru;
- The WalkMe bubble will become two red bubbles (one for selecting complex elements, and one that says REC to stop capturing), which signals you are now recording a Walk-Thru.
- While the bubble is red, you may capture Walk-Thru steps in one of two ways (or a combination):
- Simply tap your way through the process you wish to capture a Walk-Thru for;
- Use the complex elements selection tool (by tapping the small red bubble) to select from the available elements on the screen.
- Once you’ve completed the capture process, tap the red REC bubble to stop capturing;
- Enter your new Walk-Thru’s chosen name into the Walk-Thru name field and tap ADD.
- NOTE: The default trigger for your new Walk-Thru will be “No Trigger,” so you must link to your Walk-Thru, connect it to another campaign or activate the trigger in order to enable your end-users to use it.
Congratulations! You’ve recorded your first WalkMe Mobile Walk-Thru! Once refreshed (either refresh your browser or tap the small Refresh icon in the Mobile Console’s MY CAMPAIGNS tab), this Walk-Thru will appear in your Mobile Console’s MY CAMPAIGNS tab.
Building a Walk-Thru in Android Native Dialogs:
When capturing a Walk-Thru or an element in Android Native Dialogs the behavior is different.
The WalkMe bubble will appear inside the dialog, to capture a step:
- Tap on the element you want to capture.
- The options for a red “+” button or a red “-” button will appear allowing you to make the region bigger and smaller.
- After deciding on the elements region you need to tap on the region in order to move to the next step.