ActionBot Connections on Console
The API Connections page in the WalkMe Console for ActionBot is where you can manage your conversation’s API connections. Here, you can view a list of your connections, run tests to ensure everything’s working as expected, and even see which conversations are associated with each connection.
Get to Know
The Connections page has a variety of features that will help you create and manage your connections. Let’s review what it has to offer:
Easily navigate and filter through your API connections with the following tabs:
- All: View all connections in the table, regardless of their status.
- Active: Filter the table to display only active connections that are successfully integrated and functioning.
- Missing credentials: Quickly identify connections that require credentials or authentication details to be provided.
These tab filters allow you to organize and focus on the connections that meet your specific needs, ensuring efficient management and troubleshooting.
Let’s review each of the columns and the overall anatomy of a connection. Going across the line from left to right, starting with the little dot (or warning symbol).
Connection status: This will be green if all of the credentials for the connection are filled out during creation. The dot will change to a warning symbol and the entire line will be yellow if the connection is missing credentials.
Connection name: This is the name of that you gave the connection when it was created
Authorization name: The authorization type chosen when creating the connection. An authorization can be used for multiple connections. Authorization options include:
- Basic auth
- Bearer token
- OAuth 2.0
Connected conversations: Click the icon to open a list of all conversations that use this connection.
Destination URL: The web address or endpoint where the API request is sent to or received from during bot conversations.
Test connection: Verify the functionality and connectivity of the API connection, ensuring smooth communication between your bot and external systems
Actions: Available actions include:
- Coming soon! Edit connection: Opens the Editor so the builder can navigate to the ActionBot Connections page
- Duplicate connection: Makes a duplicate of the connection
- Delete connection: Deletes the connection
- Note that deleting connections effects all conversations this connections was added to
How to Test a Connection
To test if your connection works:
- In the table, go to the API connection you want to test
- Click Test
- The results of the connection will appear at the top of the page:
- A green box with a success message means the connection was successful
- A red box with a failure message means the connection failed
How to Edit a Connection
To edit a connection:
- In the table, hover over the API connection you want to edit
- Click the pencil icon to open the Editor
How to Duplicate a Connection
To duplicate a connection:
- In the table, hover over the API connection you want to duplicate
- Click the duplicate icon
- Done! Note that authentications aren’t duplicated. So you’ll need to edit the connections to add new authentications.
How to Delete a Connection
To delete a connection:
- In the table, hover over the API connection you want to delete
- Click the trash icon
- A popup will appear informing you that deleting a connection that is associated with a conversation will break the conversation. We recommend unpublishing these conversations as they will no longer work after the connection is deleted.
- If you are sure you want to delete, click Delete