Deploy & Install Page in Workstation Console
A management interface for Workstation is available in the WalkMe Console. Workstation system can be created from the Workstation Console App for all admin users on accounts that do not have Workstation yet. Console users can also manage what integrations to enable on Workstation.
This article explains the Deploy & Install page.
The Deploy Page & Install Page
The deployment page enables Console users to install and deploy their Workstation on users machines across the organization.
Step 1. Validate
A validation checklist should be completed to make sure the Workstation can be deployed in the organization.
Check the box once a condition has been confirmed.
- Hover over the checkbox to see who from the company confirmed each of the conditions.
- Hover over the condition or click on the down-arrow to expand the description of the condition.
- Add a comment to leave a note under the conditions and click “Save comment”.
Step 2. Download
On this screen, the installers for the operating systems used within the organization can be downloaded.
There’re three types of the Windows installers – which one to choose depends on the user’s goals:
- System Installer:
- Preferred installer for mass deployment
- Downloads a machine wide installer in a MSI file
- Installs Workstation for any user on sign in
- User Installer:
- Downloads an EXE file that installs Workstation for the user that’s currently logged in into the computer
- Does not require user to sign out and in again after the installation
- Not viable for scenarios where different users use the same machine, like kiosks
- Good for piloting Workstation or testing it on a single machine for a specific user
- Machine Installer:
- Downloads an MSI file that installs Workstation for any user on that machine
- A centralized installer placing the application in / program files / folder
- Auto-updates are disabled by default
- Useful for virtual desktops or when several users share the same profile
- Downloads a PKG file that installs Workstation for all users on the machine
- Supports only MacOS Intel processors
- Used for both mass deployment and pilot testing
The Mobile app can be downloaded via App Store or Google Play.
Step 3. Configure
To deploy Workstation in the organization:
- Download the JSON file
- Choose which location is compliant with the organization policy, and place the settings file there:
|Operation system||Installers||Settings File Path||Description||Example|
|Windows||.msi, .exe||<installationDir>\.. or %localappdata%||One folder above the installation path||C:\Program Files\WalkMe\|
|Windows||.msi, .exe||%ProgramW6432%\WalkMe||Program files, in WalkMe folder||C:\Program Files\WalkMe\|
|Windows||.msi, .exe||<system drive>\..\WalkMe||WalkMe folder in system drive||C:\WalkMe|
3. Enable your IDP in the Admin Center
4. Click “Send Invite” to send an email invite to your IT team. This will give them access to the page so that they can help with deployment