IDP Integration can be used to validate end-users identity, enrich content segmentation capabilities and expand on user behavior monitoring. Providing one reliable and secure User ID across any system without the need of defining the unique user ID for each system with different variables.
- End-user IDP authentication as a prerequisite to present WalkMe content.
- Expanding content segmentation capabilities by IDP parameters (for example – groups, region, department, etc).
- Accurate data monitoring across systems.
IDP Integration is currently supported on the following systems via OpenID Connect (latest version only):
An IDP application needs to be created to serve as the “bridge” between IDP and WalkMe’s Integration Center.
An instruction guide is available in the Integration Center on the configuration screen for all supported systems.
Creating and Setting an Integration
1. Navigate to Integration Center within Insights
2. Choose “IDP Integration”
3. Choose your IDP type from the Identity Provider dropdown:
4. Fill the fields according to the instructions guide (instructions may vary pending the IDP provider type).
5. Click Get Properties list
6. Choose which IDP attributes should be imported for content segmentation and reporting to Insights:
7. Press “Save”
8. Open WalkMe Editor within the system you would like to use IDP as User Identifier on
9. Click “Settings” and set the User Identifier parameter to “IDP” (This option will be available to any system under the configured account)
10. Save settings
11. Publish the new settings for the relevant environment
12. You can now segment content using the imported attributes and through Segmentation Center, under User Attributes > IDP:
- “Enforce SSO” configuration –
- Enabled – IDP authentication must occur before opening a web page to end-user, if IDP token is not recognized then the end-user will be redirected to its IDP login page.
- Disabled – IDP authentication is attempted upon page load, but if there’s is not an active token for IDP then end-user won’t be redirected to IDP. Its User Identifier will be downscaled automatically to “WalkMe ID” method.
- Important: Changing User Identifier impacts the way WalkMe identifies end-users and may reset “Play once” configurations.
- Only one IDP Integration is available per account.