S3 incoming integration can connect any third party software, on top of S3, to WalkMe. The integration pulls attributes and populates data into WalkMe to use data from external systems in WalkMe for analytics and content segmentation.
Target WalkMe content based on CRM attributes:
- Display a shoutout only to “premium users” on your site.
- Show a Smart Walk-Thru internally to employees that are from a specific department.
Target WalkMe content based on Customer Support / Success (such as ServiceNow, Zendesk) attributes:
- Show an NPS survey to all customers that opened more than 2 support tickets.
In order to map the integration attributes into WalkMe, a unique user id needs to be defined and the 3rd party service for integration needs the data to be stored on S3 in a CSV format.
You can then place the CSV file on a specific bucket on S3 and WalkMe will then read this file and based on this file attribution information can target end users.
Creating an Incoming Integration
Integrations setup is under the Integrations tab in Insights:
- Select Amazon S3 to WalkMe:
- Follow the wizard instructions to set up your S3 bucket URL, permissions and source file (CSV) Note: Basic authentication is supported and can be provided during setup (see below).
- After data discovery, map the user identifier and select the wanted properties (i.e. attributes) to pass on to WalkMe for targeting, you are also able to change the names of these properties (this is the name you will see in the Editor). Note: A prerequisite for using the integration is setting up Unique User Id in WalkMe’s editor.
- The system will prompt success/failure. Follow the instructions to resolve.
- Click Continue
- Provide the Integration Name and set the Schedule Import (Incoming integrations work by pulling the CSV file from the S3 bucket according to a set synchronization interval):
- See the newly created integration in the integrations management table.
Integrations Management Table
From this table, you can see the following properties about your incoming Integrations:
- You are able to modify and delete existing Integrations.
- The number of successfully imported properties.
- The synchronization schedule.
- The date of the last run.
- Whether the last run was successful or not (shown with a green tick icon)
- Activate/deactivate an Integration:
- When completing the integration creation process, before targeting content in the editor – make sure that you have at least one successful integration run in the Incoming integration’s table.
- When modifying an integration, changes will be populated in the next scheduled run. You may need to modify/pause your segment before that.
- Less is more – Be sensitive with the total number of attributes that you integrate to WalkMe. We allow a total of 100 attributes total across all of the integrations.
Segmenting Content According to Integration Data
After creating and S3 Integration successfully, you can use the incoming data within the WalkMe Editor to create targeted rules and segmentation for your WalkMe content: