WalkMe Assistant: Recommendations
WalkMe Assistant provides personalized recommendations to manage and optimize your WalkMe content at scale from the Assistant dashboard in the Console, accessible at console.walkme.com/assistant.
You can use Assistant to instantly take action on recommendations across multiple systems at once. Some recommendations can be applied with the click of a button, and others will direct you to the relevant item in the Editor – this ensures better results, with less effort. After taking action on recommendations, you can then republish your content to complete the process.
“WalkMe Assistant provides us with precise, actionable recommendations to ensure our DAP content is performing at its best. With this tool, we were able to optimize our content and achieve great results with a few short clicks.”
Lizzie Willisson, WalkMe Implementation Manager, Flight Centre
The following recommendations are available:
- These items take a while to appear on the page, either due to heavy jQuery selectors, or because they were captured with WalkMe’s legacy Element Recognition.
- To improve loading times, it is recommended to re-select the elements. This will enhance the speed at which they appear and optimize the overall performance of your WalkMe system.
Upgrade Element Detection
- These items take a long time to appear on the page due to heavy jQuery selectors.
- Upgrade these items from jQuery to Automatic Element Recognition with a click of a button to improve content loading times and boost system performance. This will automatically move the detection method from “jQuery” to “Automatic” and will utilize the WalkMe DeepUI technology to optimally locate the elements.
Update Element Behavior
- These elements are constantly being searched for on the page due to their Element Behavior settings, which are not optimal for these specific elements.
- WalkMe will identify the optimal Element Behavior setting for each item in order to improve loading times. By reducing appearance evaluations, system efficiency is further maximized.
- These items never play for users because their elements can’t be found. This can be because they are no longer relevant, in which case we recommend archiving them.
- Alternatively, if you would like to keep these items published, leverage the Flow Tracker to identify which adjustments need to be made to each item to ensure it consistently plays for users.
- To archive an item or preview it in your environment, use the thumbnail in the recommendation line to quickly launch the item in the Editor.
Review Item Conditions
- These items are never played for users as their conditions are never evaluated as “true”. This may be because the items are no longer relevant, in which case we recommend archiving them to declutter your system.
- Alternatively, review the conditions and update their logic to ensure the items play for users.
- To archive an item or update its conditions, use the thumbnail in the recommendation line to quickly launch the item in the Editor.
In the Recommendations tab, you can find a list of personalized recommendations to optimize your WalkMe content, including those that are open, completed, and dismissed.
Recommendations are always grouped by recommendation type and not by system, but you can filter by system using the search bar.
Expand and collapse each recommendation type to see all of the recommendations.
The following information will be shown for each recommendation in the dashboard:
- Item name and type
- System name
- Production status
- Published, Published & Modified, or Archived
- Recommendation added
- The date WalkMe Assistant added the recommendation
- Apply recommendation button
- The action varies by recommendation type
- If auto fix is available, after applying the recommendation, the button action will change to Publish Item
- Action buttons
- Dismiss Recommendation → Moves the recommendation to the dismissed tab
- Open in Editor → Opens the item in the Editor for you to review
- Message → View and add comments for the Assistant team
If you don’t want to take action on a recommendation you can dismiss it and it will move to the Dismissed tab.
You’ll then have 30 days to restore it before it is deleted.
You can view all of your open recommendations from the Open tab.
Applying a recommendation will vary depending on the type of recommendation. Not all recommendations can be managed only in the Console, for some you will need to open the item in the Editor to take action.
The general process is outlined below:
- Select the items you want to apply recommendations for
- Click the Action button, in this case “Upgrade Element”
- Click the Publish button to republish the content and settings
- You will be prompted to choose the publish environment and then click Publish
- You will receive notifications in the Editor you have a new recommendation available to review or a new message from the Assistant team