Walkme Desktop uses SAP scripts to access and play guidance content on SAP environment.
These scripts need to be enabled from the client side and server side in order for Walkme to work.
How to check if scripts are enabled
- Hover over the icon (highlighted below) or the area where it is supposed to appear.
- If the scripts are not running, a pop-up message will appear:
- If the scripts are disabled, the pop-up message will say:
- If the scripts are disabled on the client side, the pop-up message will say:
If you don’t see any of the icons, click on the triangle to expand the icons bar:
Enabling scripts on the Client side
Scripts need to be enabled on the end user side. When deploying, this can be done by the SAP admin.
To access the Menu:
- Click the Settings Icon in the top right corner
- Click Options:
To enable scripts:
- Select Scripting under the Accessibility & scripting folder
- select Enable scripting, checkbox.
- Click apply.
Enabling SAP GUI Scripting on the Server Side
saplogon.exe, log in to your SAP server using your credentials. The SAP Easy Access window opens.
- Run transaction
- Specify the parameter name
sapgui/user_scriptingand press Enter on the keyboard or Display in the SAP interface.
- In the Display Profile Parameter Attributes window, press the Change Value button on the toolbar and set the New value of
TRUE. Save the changes.
- Log off and back on again to see the change into effect, as it does not apply to sessions that are currently running.