WalkMe Desktop uses SAP scripts to access and play guidance content on the SAP environment.
These scripts need to be enabled from the client-side and from the server-side in order for WalkMe to work.
How to Check if Scripts are Enabled
- Hover over the icon (highlighted below) or the area where it is supposed to appear.
- If the scripts are not running, a pop-up message will appear:
- If the scripts are disabled, the pop-up message will say:
- If the scripts are disabled on the client side, the pop-up message will say:
If you don’t see any of the icons, click on the triangle to expand the icons bar:
Enabling Scripts on the Client Side
Scripts need to be enabled on the client-side (end user). When deploying, this can be done by the SAP admin.
To access the menu:
- Click the Settings Icon in the top right corner.
- Click Options:
To enable scripts:
- Select Scripting under the Accessibility & scripting folder.
- select Enable scripting, checkbox.
- Click Apply.
Enabling SAP GUI Scripting on the Server Side
saplogon.exe, log in to your SAP server using your credentials. The SAP Easy Access window opens.
- Run transaction
- Specify the parameter name
sapgui/user_scriptingand press Enter on the keyboard or Display in the SAP interface:
- In the Display Profile Parameter Attributes window, press the Change Value button on the toolbar and set the New Value of
- Repeat Steps 3-4, with a FALSE value for the following parameters: sapgui/user_scripting_force_notification, sapgui/user_scripting_set_readonly and sapgui/user_scripting_disable_recording.
- Log off and back on again to see the change into effect, as it does not apply to sessions that are currently running.