Can I use files from Google Drive as Resources?
Yes, but you need to make sure the correct permissions are set on the documents and files you are trying to add.
For Google Docs, the permissions should be set so that anyone with the link can access the document:
For files from Google Drive (such as video files), you’ll need to retrieve the embed link and use this as the link for your Resource.
To do this:
- Set the permissions of the file so that anyone with the link can view it
- Double click on the file from your drive
- Navigate to the “…” drop down in the right corner
- Select Open in New Window
- Navigate to the “…” drop down in the right corner again
- Click embed item
- The link within that window is what you will use for your Resource