Insights Data Availability
Last Updated January 27, 2023
This article provides details about data availability in Insights dashboards and reports.
There are dashboards in Insights that display data updated in real time and there are reports and features which display data with some latency.
The data retention policy in Insights allows data to be accessible for a period of up to one year.
- WalkMe app pages data is updated in real time
- These pages rely on various WalkMe engagement analytics events, which are logged in insights immediately
- The export data is not updated is not real-time, it updates daily at 9:00 AM (UTC)
- The Systems Overview metrics are updated when the user’s session ends, which occurs after 30 minutes of inactivity
- The users list shows users once their session has ended, which is after 30 minutes of inactivity
- Users metrics (last seen, first seen, etc.) are an all-time calculated attribute that is updated at the end of each end user session
- Users page export data is not real-time, it updates daily at 9:00 AM (UTC)
- Sessions are added to the list once they have ended, after 30 minutes of inactivity
- All the events types that are displayed in the tracked events analytics dashboard are being updated in real time
- All the event types displayed in the Session Stream dashboard are being updated in real time (notice the “live sessions” toggle).
- Funnels data is available in real time
- For accounts with engagement analyics level with no Engaged Elements, funnel data populates only after the creation of the first funnel
- For accounts in which Engaged Elements or Digital Experience Analytics (DXA) is enabled, funnels data is populated from the day Engaged Elements or Digital Experience Analytics (DXA) was enabled
- Report data is not real-time
- It updates daily beginning at 9AM UTC – time should be allowed before exporting to include full data for the previous day
- Real-time dashboards and reports in Insights pull data from different sources, which can result in a 0-2% discrepancy between the number of users or events shown
- A 2-3% error range is possible when viewing data that includes the last 24 hours due to the Insights algorithm used
- Note: The error range may be higher if the metric number being calculated is below 10,000
Tip Tuesday Videos
Confirm Data is Being Sent to WalkMe Insights
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!