WalkMe Engagement Analytics is the default data-collection level in WalkMe Insights. With WalkMe Engagement Analytics, WalkMe sends information on all WalkMe-related events (also known as WalkMe Events) to the WalkMe servers. This facilitates your usage of the various Insights tools.
WalkMe Events are the main data source for the Apps Pages in Insights.
By default, you will receive unlimited WalkMe Engagement data with WalkMe Insights. For WalkMe Engagement Analytics and Digital Experience Analytics (DXA), data will be accessible in Insights for a period of one year.
What Data Is Collected With WalkMe Engagement Analytics?
WalkMe Engagement Analytics collects the following data:
- Unique User ID (according to UUID settings in the WalkMe Editor);
- User Geolocation;
- User Agent (i.e., browser, device, operating system, etc.);
- Page loads (you are able to choose to disable the collection of Page Loads in your Environment Settings. Please note: this will be automatically disabled for users who have disabled the collection of URL and Page Title).
- WalkMe apps engagement events (e.g., Walk-Thru played, Launcher clicked, Goal completed, etc.);
- WalkMe item attributes describing engagement with WalkMe items (e.g., engagement type, Item ID, Initiator types, item status, etc.);
- WalkMe general attributes describing the account and the implementation (e.g., customer GUID, WalkMe language, environment, etc.);
- Page URL and title where engagement occurred;
- Window size.
Which Browsers Are Compatible With WalkMe Engagement Analytics?
WalkMe Engagement Analytics operates on the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 and above;
- Edge (Windows 10 Pro Version 1703, Edge 40.15063.0.0 and newer);