Session Playback is a level of data collection (not enabled by default) available in WalkMe Insights. With Session Playback enabled, Insights captures everything occurring in the Document Object Model (DOM), saves copies of all assets, and sends this information to the WalkMe servers. This allows you to view accurate re-creations of user sessions.
Data retention details for Session Playback data depends on the details of your contract.
Session Playback data collection level use cases include the following:
- See first-hand how users engage with your website;
- Drill down into Funnel drop-off points to learn why users are not completing flows in your website;
- View where and why your users get frustrated;
- Assist your Support team to improve their service level, response times, and average resolution time;
- Bug reports from users / QA teams can be attached to session recordings, eliminating the need to reproduce bugs through trial and error.
- Understand and improve the following:
- Feature adoption;
- Conversion rate.
What Data Is Collected With Session Playback?
- Mouse position;
- Page HTML snapshots and changes;
- Public assets (images, CSS, etc.), which are collected directly from the web server (not from the user).
- Assets are cached so you are protected against losing sessions when your website changes.
Which Browsers Are Compatible With Session Playback?
Session Playback operates on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 and above;
- Safari 8 and above.
Enabling Session Playback
You are now able to “upgrade” yourself to Session Playback Level. Your WalkMe Account Manager will still, however, be able to “downgrade” the collection level to WalkMe engagement analytics for you if you require.
To enable Session Playback: navigate in the Editor to “Settings” > “Admin Settings”. The screen will appear as below: