Tracked Events dashboard enables you to discover how users interact with a platform over time and monitor the engagement with data like the top, recently added or specific Tracked Events:
- Track users for further analysis and targeting (marketing, product).
- Track feature adoption and engagement over time.
- Export user list based on the defined tracked event to CSV and integrate with other tools for targeting.
- Track and understand NPS score trends.
The dashboard is aimed mostly for mid-market external customers who have enabled UBT and wish to analyze how users interact with their products.
Having said that, any customer who has configured Tracked Events in Insights (WalkMe events and custom events) can analyze these events in the Tracked Events Dashboard.
- Track feature adoption and engagement over time:
I am a product manager. With the January release, I launched a feature – Visually capture elements in Insights.
I want to see how many of our customers are using the feature. I will filter by “non walkme” users and check the number of users interacted with the feature.
I see the adoption does not go up.
I will take action and create a shoutout for the feature.
- Analyze usage and target users (marketing, product, Account management):
As an account manager, I know that engagement can predict the likelihood to churn. My focus is on platinum clients.
There are 3 key features in my app that can indicate the stickiness of the product.
I will create a filter for “Platinum” accounts and select the 3 KEY features. I will look at the adoption graph.
I will extract the full user’s list who work with the feature and raise the topic in my next call with the client (training/feedback..)
Tracked Events Dashboard Breakdown
Users / Accounts toggle:
This toggle defines the granularity level of the data displayed on the page:
- When Users are selected, the user-related metrics (Users Interacted, Interactions per User) are displayed at a user level.
- When Accounts are selected, the user-related metrics are displayed at an account level.
Filters and Date Range:
- You can select a filter to narrow the interactions with each displayed Tracked Event only to interactions that happened in the sessions that match the filter.
- The selected date range defines the time period of the displayed data, i.e. the date range in which the interactions with the displayed Tracked Events happened.
Tracked Events Selector:
In this section, you can control which Tracked Events are displayed in the page (both in the chart and the table); In the dropdown, you can select between predefined sets of Tracked Events or a custom selection:
- The first option (which is the default) offers a view of “Last Created”. If selected, the 10 Tracked Events with the most recent creation time are displayed on the page.
The creation time is absolute and doesn’t take filters into account, if they have been applied.
- The second option offers a view of “Most interacted in the Last 7 Days”. If selected, the 10 Tracked Events with the largest number of interactions in the last 7 days are displayed on the page.
This list doesn’t change if the selected date range is different than “Last 7 Days” or a filter is applied.
- The third option, “Custom Selection”, offers a custom view that you can set manually. You can select up to 12 Tracked Events.
- X-axis: Time
- Y-axis: You can choose between two options:
- Interactions (default): # of interactions per TE through the selected date range.
- Users / Accounts: # of unique users/accounts (depends on the state of Users/Accounts toggle) who interacted with the TE through the selected date range.
- Rows: The table contains the Tracked Events that are selected in the Tracked Events Selector, each row for each Tracked Event.
- Same for accounts, if the dashboard displays account-level data.
- Same for accounts, if the dashboard displays account-level data.
- Name, with an “i” icon you can hover to see the description, rules and URL property of the Tracked Event.
- Interactions: Total number of interactions with the Tracked Event during the selected date range in the sessions that match the applied filter.
- Interactions Trend: Indicates whether the # of interactions at the end of the date range is higher or lower than at the start, and how much.
- Users Interacted (% of Filtered Users): The number of users who interacted with this TE in the selected date range and the applied filter.
In brackets: % of Users Interacted out of all users who fall under the applied filter in the selected date range.
- Avg. Interactions per User: Interactions divided by Users Interacted.
- Sessions: The number of sessions (all sessions, regardless of session playback with any interaction with this Tracked Event.
- Created: The creation date of the TE.
- Export: You can download the table directly to a CSV file (i.e. not via email) by clicking the Export button above the table.
Technical Details and Limitations
- The selections made in the page (filter, date range, Users/Accounts toggle, Tracked Events selection, y-axis metric) are reset to their default when the session is over.
Tracked Events selection is also reset to default (i.e. “Last Created” view) if a Tracked Event is edited, added or deleted in the Setup page.
- The tracked Events appear in the dashboard in their updated form, i.e:
- If a Tracked Event was deleted it won’t appear in the selection section anymore.
- If a Tracked Event was renamed, its name will be updated accordingly in the dashboard.
- If a Tracked Event’s definition was edited, its data will reset and the collection will restart from zero at this point. Meaning, the Tracked Event will be displayed in the dashboard with zero interactions until this point and with the stats matching the new definition of the event starting from this point.
- “Interactions Trend”:
(number of interactions in T2 / number of interactions in T1 – 1) * 100 [%]
Where in the chart (in the tooltip): T2 = the hovered data point, T1 = the previous data point,
And in the table: T2 = the end of the date range, T1 = the start of the date range.
- If the number of interactions in T1 is zero, the Trend value is empty.
- “Users Interacted”:
The number of unique users who interacted with this TE in the selected date range and the applied filter.
In brackets: <Users Interacted> / <number of all users who fall under the applied filter in the selected date range>.
- “Avg. Interactions per User/Account”:
<Interactions> / <Users Interacted>
- It is not recommended to use filters with a date range that is longer than a week.
- For a 1w date range or less, it is not recommended to use a filter with more than 1 rule.