With Tracked Events, you can easily track any meaningful event on your website or application, such as end-users signing up for your service or upgrading to a new plan.
Tracked Events actions you define and assign unique names and properties to. Once defined, Tracked Events are identified in all past sessions retroactively and will be identified in all subsequent sessions.
Tracked Events are re-usable and help you to filter sessions more effectively and create better Funnels to track end-user engagement with your website.
Unlike WalkMe Events and Smart Walk-Thru Goals, Tracked Events enable you to follow end-user completion of processes with or without the presence of WalkMe items on your website. By tracking before and after WalkMe, you can gauge the effectiveness of your WalkMe solution.
Tracked Events use cases include the following:
- Keep tabs on when and how many end-users view a signup page, and how many ultimately sign up;
- Track when end-users complete a purchase;
- Keep track of when end-users enable an advanced feature;
- Easily filter sessions by a wide range of end-user actions;
- Create more effective Funnels, better aligned to your business goals.
Tracked Events Page Breakdown
- + NEW EVENT
- Tracked Events Summary Table
- a — Type: Each event has a different icon that corresponds to its type;
- b — Name: This is the name the event’s creator gave to the Tracked Event;
- c — Definition: This is the criterion that must be met before the Tracked Event is considered to have occurred;
- d — Created: This is the date the Tracked Event was created.
- e — Modified: This is the date the Tracked Event was last modified.
Creating a Tracked Event
To create a Tracked Event, follow the instructions in Creating Tracked Events in Insights.
There are character limits for Tracked Event classes and IDs in a selector.
- Classes are limited to 35 characters per class
- IDs are limited to 40 characters per ID
- If the character limit is exceeded, the tracked event will return 0.