User Behavior Tracking is a data tracking (not enabled by default) available in WalkMe Insights. With User Behavior Tracking, Insights captures every interaction your users have with HTML elements on your website.
This includes the following:
- Page views;
- Input changes;
- Key presses;
- Form submissions;
- Element selections.
Insights will send this information to the WalkMe servers. This allows you to customize your usage of the various Insights tools and dashboards.
Once your WalkMe contact has enabled User Behavior Tracking, you will receive unlimited user behavior analytics.
WalkMe Engagement tracking and User Behavior Tracking data will be accessible in Insights for a period of 1 year.
User Behavior Tracking use cases include the following:
- Explore the behavior of users who are interacting with your website but not with your WalkMe solution;
- Create a baseline expectation of your users’ behavior prior to deploying your WalkMe solution, and compare this to your users’ behavior after deployment;
- Identify instances where WalkMe guidance can improve your users’ experience;
- Analyze the adoption and engagement of users with your website’s features.
What Data Is Tracked With User Behavior Tracking?
User Behavior Tracking tracks everything that WalkMe Engagement tracking tracks plus the following data:
- Clicks on elements, including element meta-data (class, ID, properties, text nodes);
- Input to fields (turned off by default, but can be enabled using censorship settings);
- Password fields are ALWAYS censored.
- Page views;
- Custom events (events sent via the Insights API).
Which Browsers Are Compatible With User Behavior Tracking?
User Behavior Tracking operates on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 9 and above;
Starting from version 5.0.14, user-behavior-tracking supports sites that use ShadowDom technology.
Enabling User Behavior Tracking
Please contact your WalkMe contact to enable User Behavior Tracking.