WalkMe Onboard is a self-paced in-product app that guides new WalkMe users through important steps in the onboarding journey, including:
- An introduction to WalkMe’s products and capabilities
- Invitation of other users to the WalkMe platform
- A guided technical setup of the WalkMe platform
WalkMe Onboard offers a tailored experience that is based on your role in the WalkMe project. You can access WalkMe Onboard across all WalkMe domains: Console, Admin Center and Insights.
Completing the onboarding tasks on the app is highly recommended before the kickoff call in order to make the call more valuable and effective.
Get to know
WalkMe Onboard is comprised of user roles, journeys, and tasks. Your role determines which journey you will take and what tasks will be available.
User roles and journeys
Once you have joined WalkMe, designated administrators within your organization will receive an invitation to WalkMe Onboard and be assigned the Admin role in the Admin Center.
From there, they can invite others and assign the invitees to a role:
- Content manager
- Publisher analyst
- Content viewer
- Content creator
When a user is added and their role chosen, they will be guided through a WalkMe Onboard journey specific to their role.
At the moment there are two journeys:
- IDP configuration
- User identification method
- WalkMe end user deployment
- Setting up data integrations
- Single Sign-on
As well as an overview of WalkMe and our products, and introduction to WalkMe community.
Types of tasks
Each journey is comprised of a checklist with tasks that provide an overview of WalkMe and our products, and help with technical setup.
There are 2 types of tasks:
- User level task: When this type of task is completed, the task is marked as complete for all systems, only for the one who has completed the task. They will not be asked to complete this task again.
- For example, we won’t ask you to watch the video about WalkMe again, if you have already watched it once.
- System level task: When this type of task is completed, the task is marked as completed only for this system, for all users. System level tasks need to be completed for each system.
- For example, selecting Data Collection level and completing project information. Other users will be able to see the information and edit it if needed.
Anyone with “Admin” permissions can invite others.
To invite someone from WalkMe Onboard:
- Go to Project > Invite User.
- Type the email of the person you are inviting.
- Click Add.
- Under Role, select the relevant role (this will be reflected in the Admin Center’s User & Permissions page).
- See the Admin Center – User & Roles KBA.
- Click Invite User.
- The invited person will receive an email to start the onboarding process.