Workday®: Best Practices for Getting Started Right
Last Updated January 29, 2022
Best Practices for Getting Started Right
- Go over the solution, make sure it’s structured according to WalkMe best practices for Workday®.
- Make sure you have the credentials for all the user whose accounts you need access to.
- Whenever you capture an element in Workday® make sure the precision is strong. If it is unreliable use the Workday® Logger (“_walkmeInternals.workdayLogger.enable()”). The elements you capture should all be higher than 9/9.
- Use WorkDay® variables for Segmentation, Start Points and Wait For conditions:
- walkMeWorkday.segmentation.flow.forms: The most specific variables, these indicate specific sections on the page.
- walkMeWorkday.segmentation.flow.subPage: This rule type should always be used in combination with a page rule. Connect the two rules using AND.
- walkMeWorkday.segmentation.flow.page: Usually very general variables, these apply to all of the pages under a certain Worklet.
- Make sure the implementation is as light as can be.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!