The Notification Center lets you create a list of Notifications (ShoutOuts) to be displayed for your users.
Notifications will be displayed as a priority on screen, this means that it will not be overlapped by other applications open on the Desktop, but will be displayed on the topmost layer.
Notifications can be segmented per user type, department, etc.
Notifications can also contain action buttons such as read confirmation and start a Smart Walk-Thru.
Activation rules can set the notification to repeat periodically until a certain action is performed.
The active Notification list appears in the Desktop Widget in a separate tab from your other Walk-Thrus, Resources, and Shuttles.
Access it by clicking on the bell icon in the top right-hand corner:
Put important notifications right on the employee’s desktop.
- Announce events and office schedules.
- Promote new features, promotional events, or premium services.
- Prompt employees to complete assigned tasks;
- Announce (and ask confirmation of) company policies (e.g. yearly ‘open enrollment’)
- Remind trial users of time remaining in their free trial account;
- Direct users to the support portal;
- Inform users of upcoming site maintenance or downtime;
Adding Notifications to the Notification Center
- Notifications are a type of ShoutOut, to create a new one, select ShoutOuts from the Main Editor page.
- Alternatively, click the orange plus icon, then select ShoutOuts
- Select Notification
- Select Theme from the gallery:
- Edit your Notification using the Visual Editor and then click Next:
- In the Notification Settings, you are able to adjust segmentation if needed and set the appearance rate:
- Click on the green Send button at the bottom right of the screen and publish to the desired environment:
To Edit your widget colors and style see the article What is the Desktop Widget and how is it used