Dynamic Text Attributes
Last Updated November 27, 2023
Dynamic text attributes allow you to create dynamic content and rules.
Once saved, they can be used in rules (for comparison of text / numbers / dates) and as dynamic text in items.
Supported Attribute types:
- WalkMe Data
- Text (the text entered will be the value displayed to users)
- On Screen Element
- Create Logic Rules to compare on screen elements to each other or calculate dates based on the user’s date on the screen
- Personalize content by adding dynamic text relevant to the user
How It Works
- Open the Editor settings menu and select Dynamic text attributes
You can also access Dynamic text attributes via System settings
- In the Admin General Settings you will see the Dynamic Text Attributes section
- Click “Manage Attributes”
- Click “+ Add new” to add your desired attribute
How to Add Attributes from the Rule Engine
- When using the Logic Rule rule type, builders can also create new and manage existing attributes directly from the Rule Engine.
- When using On Screen Element, Selected Element, jQuery and Workday (Page, SubPage, Worklet, Inbox Item) rule types, builders can use attributes to compare text.
Limitations and Supports
- There is no limit on the number of User Attributes that may be set up
- Quick preview might not work at times due to the database update failure. If this happens, try again later. We have a mechanism that synchronizes the data and the settings of the system every 6 hours.
- For Attributes that are based on On-Screen-Element or jQuery: The value of the Attribute will be “taken” from the screen only in the moment an item is using it. For example: If I use a Logic Rule in a Split, and it is using Attributes based on OSE/jQuery – the element has to be present on the screen when the Logic Rule is being evaluated.
Tip Tuesday Videos
Use Attributes for Date Calculation
How to guide: Attributes
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!