You can now convert previously captured Smart Walk-Thru Steps to Auto-Steps and vice versa. This makes it far easier to convert existing processes into automated ones, eliminating the need to recapture all the relevant steps!
Pro-Tip: Newly converted Auto-Steps / Steps will be considered as new Steps in our analytics systems.
How to Convert Steps
Converting a Single Step
- Hover over the Step you wish to convert;
- In Step Action Menu, hover over the three dots;
- Click Convert to Step / Auto-Step (depending on whether the Step is regular or an Auto-Step):
- When something is preventing a Step from being converted, the convert buttons will be disabled and you will see a tooltip explaining why the Step cannot be converted;
- When the Step is not convertible at all, no conversion button will be visible;
- When a ‘Type’ trigger Step is converted, its Title AND Description will both be inserted into the Auto-Step’s Value for easier conversion and editing.
Converting Multiple Steps
- Manually select one or more steps you would like to convert;
- Click the proper convert icon (depending on whether you’re converting Steps or Auto-Steps) in the footer of the Editor:
- If you select both Step types and click one of the convert buttons, only the relevant Steps will be converted. The others will remain the same.
- When selecting a mixture of supported and non-supported Step types, you will see a message explaining that only the supported Step types will be converted;
- When selecting a group of non-convertible steps, no conversion buttons will appear in the footer.
Step conversion supports the following step triggers
|Step Trigger||Auto-Step Action|
|Specific List Value||Select List Value|
* Available for Mobile Web Editor only.
The following triggers are not supported for conversion
- Page Refresh
- Any List Value
The following Steps are not supported for conversion
- Peer Steps
- Popup Steps
- Flow Steps
- Page Action Steps