AutoPlay Rules allow you to start a Smart WalkThru automatically, without the user taking any action.
This solution is not recommended for every Smart Walk-Thru, but can be used for a WalkThru that is necessary for a specific page.
Add AutoPlay Rules to a Smart WalkThru
Goals allow you to track your users’ success when completing Smart WalkThrus. You can attach a goal to a specific user action to determine when users have successfully completed a Smart WalkThru.
A user may need WalkThru guidance to complete the majority of a process but complete the final steps independently. Goals allow you to continue tracking user behavior after they close a Smart Walk-Thru so that you can determine when a user has completed a process, even if they have closed the WalkThru guidance.
For more information on Goals, view the Goals support article.
- Open a Smart WalkThru to add an AutoPlay Rule.
- Click Initiators:
- In the AutoPlay section of the Initiators Menu, click Create Rules:
- In the Rules Engine, add rules for the conditions that you want to trigger the Smart WalkThru to play automatically.
- The AutoPlay Rules should always begin with a URL, so that WalkMe only checks the AutoPlay conditions on the correct page.
- The URL rule may be the only rule required, but you can also add additional rules based on user actions.
- Set the frequency that you want this AutoPlay to repeat:
- Once a Day: plays the first time the AutoPlay rules are true each day
- Once: plays only once
- Always: plays every time the AutoPlay Rules are true
- Click Save to complete the AutoPlay Rule and return to the Smart WalkThru.