How to Use WebHooks with Zapier
WebHooks (AKA callbacks) allow you to build WalkMe directly into your workflows by triggering 3rd party APIs and/or adding WalkMe Event data into your analytics platform.
This article explains how to define webHooks for Zapier. To do so, it provides an end-to-end example of using webHooks to update Google Sheets.
End-To-End Example of Sending content to Google Sheets using WebHooks
Step 1: Open an account or log into Zapier
- Website address is: https://zapier.com/.
Step 2: Click Make a Zap!
Step 3: Click Webhooks
Step 4: Click the Catch Hook radio button and then click Save + Continue
Step 5: Click Copy to clipboard
Step 6: Review ‘How to Set Up a WebHook’ article
- Please review the steps provided in our How To Send WalkMe Event Data To 3rd Party Systems Using Webhooks article.
- The steps that follow are specific to setting up webHooks for Zapier.
Step 7: Set up your WebHook in Insights using the Wizard
Wizard Step 1: Define event
- Select an Event to send to Zapier;
- Click Advanced to open the list of properties;
- You can select from the pre-defined properties on the top and rename them (make sure to mark the event as selected), or click ADD PROPERTY to send a property with specific value:
Wizard Step 2: Set destination
- Write in the Destination Platform Name. This name identifies the destination system (In this case Zapier):
- Set Request Type to POST:
- Paste the Destination URL you copied in Step 5 above in the property field next to POST:
- Click TEST
- This will send the event that you defined in Wizard Step 1 to your destination platform to ensure that a connection successfully made.
- You should see the message: “Tested Successfully!”:
Pro-Tip: If you don’t see the success message, check if all the mandatory properties are defined properly, per the instructions above.
Step 8: Return to the Zapier system and click Set up the step
Step 9: Click Choose App
Step 10: Click the app you would like to connect via WebHook
Step 11: Select Google Sheets as the system you want to connect
Step 12: Click the Create Spreadsheet Row radio button
Step 13: Click Save + Continue
Step 14: Connect your Google account
- Or connect an account that contains the spreadsheet in which you want to create rows:
Step 15: Click Save + Continue again
Step 16: Select a Spreadsheet and Worksheet
- Select a spreadsheet from your Google account or create a new spreadsheet;
- Select a worksheet from the dropdown list;
- The list will show all of the available tabs of the spreadsheet.
- Make sure worksheet contains fields.
Step 17: Connect fields and click Continue
- Connect properties you have defined in Insights to the fields you created in the worksheet:
Step 18: Test the connection to the spreadsheet
- Click Send Test to Google Sheets and make sure you get the required result in the spreadsheet:
Step 19: Click Finish