Insights dashboards provide a lot of useful information to help you understand your users engagement on your site. These dashboards can also be configured in many different ways to provide more in-depth analytics using filters, date range selectors, and more.
Using Insights Favorite Views, you can now save all the page controllers and filters that you have a preference to, save to a favorite view, and easily get back to it those same views without having to reconfigure it again and again.
- Have a preferred data filter?
- Always going to the same tracked events list?
- Want to keep a specific view sorted?
Keep your dashboards configured the way you need them most!
How it Works
With this feature, a user can create multiple Favorite Views in Insights and get back to each of the views at any moment.
What is a Favorite View?
A view includes the entire view selection of the user available on all Insights dashboards. Examples of saved configuration:
- The chosen dashboard. (All insights dashboards are included, except the Reports tab)
- Date range selection
- Filters selection
- Segments selection – where available
- Table columns sorting selection
- Tracked events list in the Tracked events analytics dashboard
- Users/Accounts toggle selection
- Selected columns in the Users page
Saving a View to Favorites
- In order to save an Insights dashboard configuration, click on the star button:
- Chose a name for the view. By default, the name includes the dashboard name, the date range, and the filters selection:
- Upon saving the view it will be added to the Favorite view menu and the start will change it’s color to yellow indicating that the page was saved to a Favorite view.
- upon modifying any of the available dashboard configurations, such as – filters, date range, toggle buttons, the selection of the view in the menu will remain the same and the star will turn to white – meaning the view is in editing mode.
- Favorite views are managed per system, meaning all the sub-users of a certain system will have access to all the views that were created for this system.
Navigating to a Favorite View
In order to get back and navigate to any of the saved views – just click on your view in the Favorite views menu
Go to the “Manage Favorite Views” and chose the desired view:
Modifying a Favorite View name
Go to “Manage Favorite Views” and click the edit button.
Click the yellow star that indicates that you are currently viewing a dashboard that was saved to a view and click “Remove”
Modifying a Favorite View configuration
Currently, the only way to modify the view configuration is by creating a new view. Just chose your preferred dashboard settings and all its selectors and save to a new view.
Removing a View from Favorites
Go to “Manage Favorite Views” and click the remove button.
Viewing all your Favorite Views
Go to “Manage Favorite Views” to see the full list of your views. Here you can search for a view, sort it by creation date, and remove the views which are no longer in use.