Understanding the user journey is critical when designing your digital adoption plan. When and how often you engage your users will have a direct impact on the use case, whether it is onboarding, feature adoption, retention, and more.
Sessions are the best metric for evaluating app usage and now you can customize how sessions are defined to match your specific app and business needs.
Prior to SDK 2.7.0, a new session was defined when:
- The app is quit and relaunched
- The app times out in the background
- The time it takes to timeout in the background is unique to each app and OS
New Session Definition
From SDK 2.7.0 and on, session management options now include:
- Default timeout setting: A new session is initiated if the app is in the background for 30 min before returning to the foreground
- Custom timeout setting: A new session is initiated if the app is in the background for a defined time duration before returning to the foreground
WMStartOptions *wmStartOptions = [WMStartOptions.alloc initWithKey:@"YOUR_APP_KEY" andSecret:@"YOUR_APP_SECRET"]; wmStartOptions.sessionTimeout = YOUR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS; [ABBI startWithOptions:wmStartOptions];
let wmStartOptions = WMStartOptions(key: "YOUR_APP_KEY", andSecret: "YOU_APP_SECRET") wmStartOptions.sessionTimeout = YOUR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS ABBI.start(with: wmStartOptions)
WMStartOptions startOptions = new WMStartOptions("key", "secret", getApplication()); startOptions.setSessionTimeout(<number in sec>); ABBI.start(startOptions);
- Restart API: A new session is initiated when the API is called: