WalkMe’s All-in-One Installer (AIO) makes it easy for IT teams to widely deploy the WalkMe Master Extension across all browser types with a single installer file. The All-in-One Installer helps new users complete the Mass Deployment process with ease, embracing the DAP revolution, it aims to offer a simple installation through a single file, allowing cross-browser use and minimizing deployment errors or malfunctions.
The All-In-One Installer involves a single file based on your Master Extension. It simply needs to be run by you or your IT personnel and it will automatically install on the relevant computers.
|Internet Explorer||Edge Chromium||Safari
(12v and up)
Note: macOS Big Sur no longer supports AIO Installation on Chrome.
In order to properly implement WalkMe using the All-In-One (AIO) Installer, the following conditions should be met:
- Master Extension must not be installed for any of the browsers, whether it was installed manually or through Mass Deploy (Must for Internet Explorer).
- If a Master Extension is installed on any of the browsers, please make sure to have it removed prior to installing WalkMe using AIO.
When first downloading the relevant installer file it may take up to a minute, although after this first time each download request should take only a few seconds.
This link should be communicated with your IT representative.
After authenticating, the download page looks like this:
Supported Mass Deployment Methods (MDM)
For Mac, the following MDMs are supported:
- Mobile Iron
- Cicso Meraki
- Big Fix
- Trend Micro
For Windows, the following MDMs are supported:
Mass Deploying with GPO
When mass deploying All-In-One with GPO, the following two policies are needed for the AIO deployment:
- Computer→Configuration→Administrative Templates→System→Logon→ Always wait for the network at computer startup and logo.
- Computer→Configuration→Administrative Templates→System→Group Policy→ Specify startup policy processing wait time: Set to 120
To avoid having a notification message on IE for “Speed up Browsing by Disabling Add-ons” the following additional policy is needed:
Computer Configuration→Administrative Templates→Windows Components→Internet Explorer→Security Features→Add-on Management → Edit the “Add-on List”. Have it Enabled and in Options click the “Show…” button. Create a new row with the following values:
Installing WalkMe AIO Manually
Should you decide to manually install AIO locally, please be sure to do the following:
- Internet Explorer and Firefox must be closed in order to successfully complete All-In-One installment or removal. If either is open, the following pop-up will show up on your computer asking to close IE/FF.
- Note – If both are open, the end-user will get this pop-up twice (one for IE and one for FF).
Ignore Button – Will force close IE or FF and continue with the installation process.
Installation Process for Batch
Steps to install:
- Once on the AIO page, scroll all the way down. There you should find a link, which will lead you to the batch download page.
- Follow the steps in the Batch Guide, please note you will need to download 4 files for this process.
- After everything was modified as expected, you can go ahead and deploy!
Once the AIO is successfully downloaded, you will have one added application in Programs and Apps.
- WalkMe All-in-One Installer
The WalkMe All-in-One Installer will remove the extensions installed on the following browsers in one click:
Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Edge.
For Mac, it is only possible to manually remove the extensions installed for each browser, one at a time.
Further capabilities – Coming soon!