Master Extension FAQ
Below are some common questions about the WalkMe Master Extension and the browser configuration needed to support the extension. If you have any additional technical questions, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or contact Support.
Master Extension Versions
The master extension is downloaded per profile, see the instructions below. For the latest extension version per browser, see this table:
|Chrome||Firefox||Edge Legacy||Edge Chromium||Internet Explorer||Safari
In most configurations, 3rd party cookies will need to be enabled for WalkMe to load in the Chrome browser. You can enable 3rd party cookies by following these instructions:
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your browser
- Click “Settings”
- Scroll down and click “Cookies and other site data”
- Under “General Settings”, click on “Allow all cookies”
Whether the extension has been manually placed on the browser, or pushed out by your IT department, the “Enable Third-Party Browser Extension” setting must be enabled for WalkMe to load. You can enable this setting by following these instructions:
- Click on the gear in the top right corner
- Click Internet Options -> Advanced
Scroll down under “Browsing” and see “Enable Third-Party Browser Extensions”
If you are unable to check this setting, please reach out to your IT department and let them know that this setting needs to be enabled in order for WalkMe’s extension to load.
Legacy Edge has been deprecated by Microsoft and is no longer supported. Please contact your Customer Success Manager or contact Support with any questions.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of your browser
- Click “Settings”
- Scroll down and click “Cookies and Site Permissions”
- Make sure “Always Allow” is toggled on and “Block 3rd party cookies” is toggled OFF
- Silent installation of the extension is not possible. The user must approve the installation after the extension has been manually or mass deployed to their Safari browser.
- The user should select the “Install from Gallery” button in order to enable the Extension to auto-update.
- If the user selects “Install from Developer”, the Extension will not be updated automatically.
This is a Safari limitation, not a WalkMe limitation.
Mass deploying an extension via JAMF
Issue: After mass deploying extension on Mac using JAMF, the end-user is prompted to “Trust” the extension once it’s installed.
Cause: Extension installations with JAMF require user interaction due to a limitation by Apple’s requirement for the end-user to “Trust” the extension once it’s installed. This is something we’ve investigated and currently, there is not a way to bypass this requirement in order to decrease the amount of user interaction here.
Master Extension Connectivity Status
The Master Extension will display the connectivity status of WalkMe content on a web page. WalkMe users will see a message saying whether WalkMe content has loaded successfully or not.
- WalkMe Loaded Successfully
- WalkMe Failed to Load – A report will automatically be sent to WalkMe Engineering to investigate further
- WalkMe is Not Running on this Site – No WalkMe content could be found on the web page