October 8, 2017 release, WalkMe delivers updates to improve your experience.
How to Use the Product Updates
The release notes give you brief, high-level descriptions of new and updated WalkMe features.
How will the new update become available?
Our new updates will be available on October 15, 2017. New features in the WalkMe Editor will only be available in our new multi-browser Editor (not our existing Firefox plugin).
Once the updates have been released, download the new Editor and install the extension in Chrome! You’ll see the new features when you log in.
Your current Implementation will not be affected by the update until you publish it again. For customers that run WalkMe on their local servers, contact your Customer Success Manager, or firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn how you can gain access to these new features.
Watch the Webinar on WalkMe University(Login required)
Multi-Browser Support for the WalkMe Editor!
Build on Chrome with the new Editor and soon on IE and Firefox
- The new WalkMe Editor is a desktop application available for Mac and PC
- Once downloaded, simply install the WalkMe Extension in your browser of choice
- Supported Browsers include Chrome and in October and Firefox and IE in 2018
- The Editor appears as a separate window when opened that hovers over your browser
- New Side-by-Side button snaps the editor to the side of your browser window allowing you to easily arrange your workspace
- Significant improvements have been made to Editor performance so everything feels more snappy.
- The new Editor will slowly replace our Firefox plugin. In November we’ll fully retire the Firefox plugin.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All new editor features in this release are available ONLY in the new Editor application.
Smart Walk-Thru Initiators and End Experiences
Control your users’ full experience with a Smart Walk-Thru
- New initiators menu allows you to view and edit different methods for initiating a Smart Walk-Thru
- Click the Initiators panel at the top of your Smart Walk-Thru to view expanded list of initiators
- From the Initiators panel:
- Create a Launcher directly from the Initiators Menu
- Set a Smart Walk-Thru to start using Autoplay
- Play a connected Launcher to view it on screen
- Open a connected Smart Walk-Thru
- View if Smart Walk-Thru is in the Menu
- View and easily copy the Smart Walk-Thru permalink
- New End Experience panel allows you to configure Surveys that appear at the end of your Smart Walk-Thru
- Click the new End Experience button to view configuration options. Located below the Zoom button
- From the End Experience Panel:
- Add a Survey to appear at the end of your Walk-Thru
- Set a different survey to appear if the user clicks the close button
This feature is exclusive to the updated Editor available to download on Oct. 15th
Balloon and ShoutOut WYSIWYG
What You See Is What You Get
- Directly edit your Balloons or ShoutOuts from the interaction Panel
- The WYSIWYG menu replaces the Rich text Editor
- New UI makes it faster to edit your balloons, edit CSS, and change the template from our Design Gallery
- This feature is exclusive to the updated Editor available to download on Oct. 15th
Filter by WalkMe Events on Visions
See how WalkMe impacts your users
- New Filter options in WalkMe Visions allows you select specific WalkMe events to filter by
- Filter sessions to:
- See how users are engaging with a Smart Walk-Thru, Launcher, Onboarding task etc.
- Find sessions where users do not complete the Main Goal to see if updates are needed to your WalkMe solution to improve results
- See where Smart Walk-Thrus fail so you can fix issues right away
- View users errors on fields that are validated by a SmartTip and consider improving your guidance to avoid errors
- Filter by events for the following Apps:
- Smart Walk-Thru
Improved Custom Tracked Events on Visions
Track events that take place on a specific page
- Create more specific custom Events by including contextual properties
- For example, if your event is a button click, you can now define a property which checks the page an event takes place
Create Funnels in WalkMe Visions
See events in context of a full process and compare results
- Funnels track a sequence of events that a user completes, such as completing an onboarding process, creating a profile, or setting up an account
- Create Funnels from any Tracked Event in WalkMe Visions
- View Funnel sessions for a specific Segment of Visions users and/or from a specific date range
- Click each stage of the Funnel to view real sessions to see how users go through each event
- Compare your funnel to an alternate segment or date range to easily see how your results differ
- User Funnels to:
- Compare if users are completing onboarding tasks more successfully before and after launching WalkMe
- Identify confusing steps in a larger process WalkMe can be used to fix
Other Amazing Features:
- Smart Walk-Thru Improvements
- Copy and Paste Steps between Smart Walk-Thrus
- Import existing rules between Smart Walk-Thrus
- Support for Mobile Web
- Improvements to Parent Child Accounts
- Updates to deployment extensions
- New mass deployment method on Safari
- Whitelisting capabilities on Firefox extension