The new Grid View is a detailed UI layout for builders and content moderators.
The Grid View interface offers search and filter capabilities, easy navigation experience, Preview and Publish process and aggregated overview of items across all environments.
You can use the Metadata fields (Status, Due To, Assigned to and Notes fields) to build basic project management flows and monitor build progress from creation to publishing.
User can perform to following use cases in the new Grid View interface:
- Add/Remove columns according to each persona – configuration is saved on a machine level.
- Filter data by one or more columns.
- Sort data by clicking any column.
- Search through data in visible columns.
- Navigate to any deployable.
- Preview and Publish – one or more items.
- Manage content status and ownership by using Metadata fields.
- Search for technical configuration by using the Technical Data column.
Accessing Editor Grid View
Click on the new Grid View button on the Editor:
By default, all columns and environments are visible to new users.
About Editor Grid View
The Editor Grid View offers a detailed view of the content in a specific system.
Each deployable is displayed in a separate line along with all of its properties, status, and data.
About Customised Columns
Choose to view additional data by adding columns by 3 categories:
- General Columns
- Columns include basic deployable properties.
- URL column refers to the inner URL value in Resources (Article, Video) and Shuttles.
- Technical Data column is an advanced column – can be used for searching rule based on a jQuery term, etc.
- Metadata Columns
- Metadata fields are new input fields a user can use for project management purposes.
- Fields have mouse-over indication and are editable inline by double-clicking a specific cell.
- Choose from 4 pre-defined columns – Due Date, Notes, Assigned To, Status.
- The Editor and WalkMe Share use the same metadata fields – data will be sync automatically.
- Environments Columns
- All available environments in the system will be displayed in the column selector.
- Each environment will be a new column.
Click on the Columns button:
About Filtering and Searching content
- Users can use flexible Excel-like filters on a column level and select one or more values.
- Users can create complex filters by creating filters according to multiple columns.
- Users can find items quickly by using the hot-search functionality.
- Note – search will apply only to visible columns.
- Users can combine filters and search altogether.
Saving a Filter
By saving a preconfigured filter in the Editor Grid View, you can save all the page controllers and filters that you have a preference to and easily get back to it those same filter views without having to reconfigure it again and again.