As your organization’s DAP vision grows as a powerful force in your business and beyond, WalkMe Share allows everyone on your team to share their input regarding your organization’s WalkMe implementation. WalkMe Share facilitates collaboration by allowing WalkMe builders to easily share screenshots and videos while building a Smart Walk-Thru, SmartTip Set, or Launcher through an email notification.
WalkMe Share is the most efficient way to collaborate with others about your WalkMe implementation. Share, document, and collect feedback using WalkMe Share!
Designed with a suite of intuitive tools, WalkMe Share offers comments, screenshot editing, knowledge base article embedding, and shared deployable management.
Get WalkMe implementation feedback from your entire team and across your entire company to get the most out of your WalkMe implementation, from start to finish.
Use WalkMe Share Screenshots to:
- Receive peer review on your Smart Walk-Thrus by sharing screenshots with other experienced builders;
- Create a database of screenshots of your most successful Smart Walk-Thrus to guide future builders;
- Onboard and train new builders faster by providing examples of successful builds created by other experienced builders;
- Download your Smart Walk-Thru as a PDF, PowerPoint, or jpegs, and present it to others to enhance the DAP skills of others.
WalkMe Share also allows you to generate video simulations for any how-to process from a Smart Walk-Thru. You can create and share a how-to video for a specific user or post it on your support site for everyone to watch.
Use WalkMe Share video to:
- Offer how-to videos on all your articles for users without extra effort
- Quickly share videos with customers or employees to resolve support issues
- Save time by eliminating the need to capture, edit, and even host videos
How it Works
WalkMe Share utilizes and displays the available WalkMe Editor’s screenshot data saved during an implementation’s element capture process.
While building a Smart Walk-Thru, SmartTip Set, or Launcher, you can easily share each WalkMe Editor deployable item with fellow collaborators via an email notification.
- Generate Slideshow:
- Select slide range to generate
- Adjust Slideshow iframe dimensions
- Adjust Slide’s duration auto play timing
- Generate Video:
- Select slide range to generate
- Autoplay video option
- Adjust Video resolution
- Adjust Video click delay animation
- Folder presentation view:
- View and present all deployable items within a folder as a single end-to-end presentation
- Share settings popup modal:
- Now supports multiple email input property
- Single deployable item sharing
- Control which user has access to a single deployable item.
Enabling screenshots within the WalkMe Editor is required to use WalkMe Share. Steps captured without screenshots can not display within WalkMe Share.
WalkMe Share screenshots are pulled directly from the WalkMe Editor screenshot data. Occasionally, jQuery steps appear cut-off, attached to the wrong element, or may appear to be floating near the top left-hand corner of the screenshot.
Log-in into WalkMe Share
First-time users entering WalkMe Share will be directed to the WalkMe’s unified login screen and prompted to log into their WalkMe account.
To enter WalkMe Share:
- Enter the email address associated with the WalkMe Editor account
- Click “Continue”
- Enter the password associated with the WalkMe Editor account
- Click “Log In”
Upon successful login entry, you will land on WalkMe Share’s Shared Items page, defaulting to the My Editor items tab.
Monthly active users entering WalkMe Share by the domain will be redirected to WalkMe Share’s Shared Items page, without logging in, defaulting to the Items shared with me tab.
Monthly active users, log in to WalkMe Share:
- Navigate to the Shared Items Table
- Select the My Editor items tab
- Click “Login,” located in the center of the Shared Items Table
Shared Items Page
The Shared items page provides a table display of deployable items shared by other WalkMe Share users and deployable items created within your own WalkMe Editor account.
WalkMe Share supports Multi-System Editor account data, enabled by the Account column within the Column Settings.
Shared Items Table
The Shared Items Table includes a suite of customizable tools to enhance the user’s workflow.
My Editor Items
Here, users can view the available deployable items from their company/personal WalkMe Editor account.
Users can take advantage of a suite of tools to share, view, manage, filter, and collaborate on their deployable items.
Presentation Page View
Rapidly demo a WalkMe implementation with WalkMe Share Presentations; it’s flexible, collaborative, and intuitive. With WalkMe Share Presentations, users will spend less time exporting implementation-mapping into presentable formats, allowing them more time to create impactful WalkMe experiences for their end-users.
WalkMe Share Presentations can be, shared, opened, edited, and documented by multiple users simultaneously. Users can accomplish the following, using WalkMe Share Presentations:
- Present a single deployable item in a slideshow presentation
- Present a folder of deployable items in a slideshow presentation
- Identify key information about a slide’s captured element
- Present deployable items configured in multiple languages
- Edit WalkMe Share slide’s visibility; allowing slides to be seen, or to be hidden from other WalkMe Share users
- Edit WalkMe Share slide’s, deployable item’s, on-screen position
- Markup a WalkMe Share slide with, on-screen text, arrows, and other shapes
- Generate and embed WalkMe Share Presentations as, slideshows or videos
- Download WalkMe Share Presentations as, PDF Documents (.pdf) or as, PowerPoint (.pptx) documents
- @chatter and comment other WalkMe Share users on WalkMe Share Presentation slides
- Play WalkMe Share Presentation as an auto-played slideshow, directly within WalkMe Share’s Presentation page
Editor Screenshot Activation
To activate WalkMe Share, first, enable the WalkMe Editor account to capture screenshots within the accounts General Settings.
Locate the WalkMe Editor Screenshot Settings by navigating to:
- Click Editor “Settings”
- Click the “General” tab
- Scroll down to the “Screenshot Settings”
- Select the radio button labeled, “Capture screenshots” (Recommended):
Modify Your Share
To modify your WalkMe Share after creating it, hover over the Smart Walk-Thru, and click the Share button again. Here, you can add or remove email addresses.
Collaboration and feedback are key to creating great WalkMe experiences, that’s why builders often work together when creating Smart Walk-Thrus. WalkMe Share allows your teams to build better together. Simply share a link with any user and they get the latest version of your Smart Walk-Thru with full screenshots. They can even leave feedback with live comments so building together is faster and easier than ever before.
Use WalkMe Share to:
- Get approval and feedback from managers or key stakeholders.
- Give feedback to other builders without editing their Smart Walk-Thru.
- Collaborate without having to create accounts for non-WalkMe peers.
- Add comments to any slide
- Respond to comments in-line
- Resolve pending comments
You are also able to hide slides from a presentation. Slides hidden will not appear in a generated slideshow or video.
WalkMe Share Slideshows export as a pre-generated HTML iframe snippet that, can be copied and placed into any knowledge base article, WalkMe Resource, or webpage.
How to generate a WalkMe Share Presentation as a slideshow:
- Click the Embed icon near the top-right of WalkMe Share’s Presentation page header
- Select “Embed Slideshow” from the dropdown list to launch the Generate and Embed Slideshow popup modal
- From the Generate and Embed Slideshow popup modal, you can customize your WalkMe Share Presentation slideshows by:
- Selecting slides to generate
- Setting the slideshow to autoplay
- Adjusting the autoplay timing
- Adjusting the slideshow size
- Once slideshow customization is complete:
- Click “Generate” or “Re-Generate”
- Click “Copy Snippet”
- Paste the HTML Snippet into the desired knowledge base article, WalkMe Resource, or webpage.
Occasionally, you may change or update the shared deployable item within the WalkMe Editor. When this occurs, the slideshow’s Generate and Embed Slideshow popup modal within WalkMe Share will prompt with a “Re-Generate” call-to-action. Clicking “Re-Generate” will update previously generated slideshow HTML code with the newly applied deployable items change.
Please note that you do not need to replace the HTML iframe applied to your knowledge base article or webpage, as the deployable item’s slide data is automatically updated upon clicking “Re-Generate.”
WalkMe Share exported Vimeo videos as a private URL link that can, be copied and placed into any knowledge base article, WalkMe Resource, or webpage.
To generate a WalkMe Share Vimeo video:
- Click the Embed icon near the top-right of WalkMe Share’s Presentation page header.
- Select “Embed Video” from the dropdown list to launch the Generate and Embed Video popup modal.
- From the Generate and Embed Video popup modal, you can customize your WalkMe Share Presentation Vimeo video by:
- Selecting slides to generate
- Setting the video to autoplay
- Hide mouse click effect
- Adjusting the autoplay timing
- Adjusting the video resolution
- Once video customization is complete”
- Click “Generate” or “Re-Generate”
- While generating, the Generate and Embed Video popup modal will automatically close, displaying the video progress bar within WalkMe Share’s subheader
- Once the video has successfully generated and is ready:
- Select “Click to view your video!” to reopen the Generate and Embed Video popup modal
- Click “Upload”
- While uploading, the Generate and Embed Video popup modal will automatically close, displaying the video progress bar within WalkMe Share’s subheader
- Once the video has successfully uploaded to Vimeo:
- Select “Click to view your video!” call-to-action to reopen the Generate and Embed Video popup modal
- Click “Copy Link”
- Paste the video link into the desired knowledge base article, WalkMe Resource, or webpage.
WalkMe Share provides users the option to download their WalkMe Share Presentation into the following format types:
- PDF Document (.pdf)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx)
- JPEG Image (.jpg, current slide)
- JPEG images (.zip, all slides)
To download a presentation into one of these document format types:
- Click the Download icon near the top-right of WalkMe Share’s Presentation page header.
- From the dropdown list, select your chosen format type.
Downloaded documents can be located in the user’s computer’s local download folder.
With Multi-Item Presentation, you can share, open, edit, and document a folder-group of deployable items as, a WalkMe Share Presentation, within WalkMe Share.
A multi-item presentation’s title will read as:
- Presenting Folder: folder’s name
Additionally, the Smart Walk-Thru flow map view is not supported for multi-item presentations within WalkMe Share.
During multi-item presentations, WalkMe Share’s slide-drawer interface displays a unique category label, which is defined by the deployable item’s icon type plus name to signify the separation of deployable items within a hosted folder.
Single Item Presentation
Users can share, open, edit, and document a single deployable item such as a WalkMe Share Presentation, within WalkMe Share.
A single deployable item’s presentation title will read as:
- Presenting Item: deployable item’s name:
WalkMe Editor users can share slideshow Presentations with other Editor users or none Editor users.
To share a Presentation to other users click the Share icon button to open the share popup modal.
Invite a user to the Presentation by entering their email address.
The invited user will receive a notification email from WalkMe Share with an entry link, which permits them to view the Editor deployable presentation within WalkMe Share.
If the user already has a WalkMe account they can simply og in to get access.
Otherwise, they will be prompted to enter their email address and will then be sent an access email.
Both Single Item Presentations and Multi-Item Presentations sharing is supported.
How to view a deployable Environment and or Version History?
- Log into WalkMe Share from the WM Editor or from share.walkme.com
- Select the dropdown arrow next to the Environment selection
- Choose from the list of Environments in which you have the deployable too
- To view a version, select “Full Version History” from the Environment selection
- Upon selecting “Full Version History,” a popup modal will launch
- Select a version from the popup table by clicking “View Version”
Replace Screenshot Background Action
Upon entering WalkMe Share, users will be provided with a call-to-action to replace the screenshot background on deployable slides that do not contain or did not capture a screenshot background within WalkMe Share.
This CTA will display by default on deployables that do not capture screenshots within the WalkMe Editor. These deployables include:
- Popup Steps
- ShoutOuts (all versions)