Using Segment™ is now possible for out of the box integration with WalkMe to inject the WalkMe snippet to any system integrated with Segment and to get events from segments and use it within your WalkMe content for different use cases (such as segmentation of content)
- Using Data from Segment within the Editor for Segmentation Rules or as a Dynamic Variable.
- Segment as “Tag” Manager (injecting WalkMe snippet to any system that uses and is integrated with Segment).
- Using EUID from Segment.
Set up the Integration
- Go to the Segment Catalog and search for WalkMe, or click here.
- From your Segment UI’s Destinations page click on “Add Destination”.
- In the WalkMe settings:
- Place the Segment Snippet ID under the API key field.
- Select an Environment – in the example above “Production” was selected, we recommend using the test environment at first.
- You can now have all WalkMe data to be sent to Segment by enabling “Track Walkme Events”
- WalkMe system ID – you can find WalkMe system ID in your WalkMe Editor, go to Menu – Snippet tab:
Using Segment Data in WalkMe
Once WalkMe integration is completed, you will be able to use the different events and data from Segment.
You can use any parameter from Segment in the editor as Variable for different use cases.
- Example: using window._walkmeInternals.Segment.userId for WalkMe Content Segmentation.
In WalkMe Editor:
- Open the Segmentation area (Rule engine) :
- Define a Rule using Segment variable:
Use this segmentation in WalkMe Editor.
Using WalkMe Data in Segment
If Track WalkMe Events is enabled, you’ll be able to see WalkMe Events under Segment, for the environment in which the Integration was set.
Under Source → Schema, you will be able to see the WalkMe event types, counts and drill down into the event’s properties once clicking on a specific event type.
This destination is maintained by WalkMe. For any issues with the destination, please reach out to WalkMe Support team.