If your SmartTips or Launchers appear in play mode in the Editor, but do not appear in a live environment when published, here are some things you can check that might be the cause.
- Check that WalkMe is recognizing the element when on that page in the Editor. You can do this by going to the Selected Element tab. If it appears that WalkMe is not recognizing your selected element, try adjusting the settings to see if it is able to find it.
Check the Segmentation on your Launchers and SmartTips to make sure that any rules set evaluate as true for the page where you are trying to display them.
- Launcher segmentation appears in the “Display Condition”
- Also, check any global segment tags that have been set in the Segmentation Menu.
- SmartTip individual segmentation can be found in the Segmentation tab:
- Also, check any global segment tags that have been set in the Segmentation Center
- Additionally, SmartTip sets may have another rule to determine what page(s) to display the SmartTips on. This can be found by going to the SmartTip Set Settings:
If the element you have chosen is not visible on page load, or if the page takes a long time to load, you may need to turn on “Appears and disappears as a result of user action”
- The “Appears and disappears as a result of user action” setting (previously called Strong Pin) allows WalkMe to continue searching for the attached element, even after it’s found for the first time. * Please note that it is recommended to use jQuery for the element precision when turning on this setting
- For both Launchers and SmartTips, the “Appears and disappears as a result of user action” setting can be found in the Selected Element tab: