How would you like users to access your Smart Walk-Thrus? WalkMe offers a wide variety of methods for you to deliver training, support, and promotion to your users. This article will help you learn about the different ways users can engage with your Smart Walk-Thrus and other WalkMe resources.
The Short Version
Building a successful implementation is much more than a creating a set of Smart Walk-Thrus that guide users through important processes. A successful implementation is a whole solution that takes advantage of the full suite of WalkMe Apps and features to provide users the support they need, when they need it, and in the way the need it.
Some methods of engagement require more user initiative, and some require less. Depending on your business objective, consider how users will most usefully access the resources available to them in WalkMe. Below are some suggestions of methods that may be used by business objective:
- Use WalkMe to reduce support calls: Use methods of engagements that enable users to access support as needed. Configure and organize the Player Menu so that it is easy to use and navigate to the needed Smart Walk-Thru or support resource, turning in into a 24/7 support center. Create a ShoutOut encouraging new users to check out the support available to them in WalkMe. Place Launchers where you think users may need immediate assistance.
- Use WalkMe for onboarding and training: Use methods of engagement that encourage users to complete training and become aware of learning resources. Use Onboarding lists to drive users to complete Smart Walk-Thrus that will teach them important processes. Promote Onboarding with a ShoutOut. Follow up a formal training on a process with an email Permalink that will launch the site and start a Smart Walk-Thru giving the user a refresher on what they learned. To teach users about a new feature, set a Smart Walk-Thru to play automatically at the appropriate time.
- Use WalkMe to promote free users to paid: Use methods of engagement that require less user initiative. For example, configure a Welcome balloon to play automatically the moment a user enters your website, offering assistance and focusing them on the part you wish to highlight. This proactive method encourages a user to go down a specific path rather than relying on them to find their way around your website. Place Launchers in strategic locations to ensure maximum engagement with your site. Use Onboarding to highlight key features of your platform.
The available methods of engagement with a Smart Walk-Thru are:
- Player Menu: Place the Smart Walk-Thru in the Player Menu. The Player Menu gives users ability to seek support when they need
- ShoutOut: Use a ShoutOut with an action button to start a Smart Walk-Thru. ShoutOuts create a strong call to action to start the Smart Walk-Thru
- AutoPlay: Configure a Smart Walk-Thru to start automatically. AutoPlay ensures that your user will experience the Smart Walk-Thru
- Launcher: Place a Launcher starting the Smart Walk-Thru on the relevant page. Launchers allow users to easily find help at their point of need
- Onboarding List: Associate a Smart Walk-Thru with a task. Tasks compel users to complete a process as part of their training
- Permalink: Create a permalink that will open your site and launch the Smart Walk-Thru. Permalinks enable users to access the Smart Walk-Thru via an email or external support site
Continue reading for more ideas about which methods of engagement is right for you.
How It Works
Permalinks are direct links to your website that automatically start a Smart Walk-Thru when clicked. A Permalink is ideal for engaging users who are not currently on your website. Use a permalink in emails, newsletters, and social media, to redirect users to a page and launch a Smart Walk-Thru. These links can be embedded into other resources in order to offer a “Click Me” call-to-action that will immediately guide users through a process.
For example, send an email updating users on a new feature with a Permalink that opens your site and launches a Smart Walk-Thru that guides users through using the new feature or Send a welcome email to new account holders with a Permalink that will help users begin the onboarding process. With a Permalink you can give users WalkMe access even when they are not on your site but at the time when you anticipate they need it, rather than waiting for training sessions or team meetings. Read More »
- Learn about best practices for Smart Walk-Thrus
- Read about building goals to track user success and show value
- Read more methods of drawing attention to WalkMe on your site with Animations, an Attention Grabber, or CSS