ShoutOuts are custom balloons designed to draw your user’s attention to the featured text. ShoutOuts can be built with an action button that will launch another WalkMe item; with just one click the user can start a Walk-Thru, play a video, or access an article through a Resource, activate a Shuttle to another page, or open the Player Menu.
When planning your WalkMe solutions, consider how you would like to communicate information to your users. Instead of relying on your user to seek out information that they might not even know exists, ShoutOuts automatically appear and guarantee users see your message. Add an action button to the ShoutOut that provides additional guidance with a Walk-Thru, important information with a Resource, or link to a relevant site.
- Announce site changes;
- Inform users of upcoming site maintenance or downtime;
- Remind trial users of time remaining in free trial account;
- Direct users to the support portal;
- Prompt employees to complete assigned online tasks;
- Promote new features, promotional events, or premium services.
For example, create ShoutOuts for free trial account users that reminds them of the remaining number of days in their trial with an action button that activates a Shuttle to bring them to the upgrade page. Include dynamic text for a more engaging ShoutOut.
How it Works
Unlike step balloons, ShoutOuts are not attached to an element on the page, rather they will appear in a fixed place in the center or around the perimeter of the page. A ShoutOut can be played via a Launcher, Permalink, or Auto Play.
To enable Auto Play, create a rule in the Rule Engine to determine when the ShoutOut will activate. WalkMe will constantly check for the conditions identified in the rule and Segmentation Center and once true, the Shout will automatically play without any active prompt from a user action. All the standard Rules can be used to determine under which conditions Auto Play will activate (i.e. URL, On Screen Element, jQuery, etc).
In addition to Auto Play rules to determine when the ShoutOut should play, set frequency options to determine how often the item should play. The engagement frequency options include: Once, Once a Day, and Always.
Create a ShoutOut
There are 2 types of ShoutOuts available for creation, ShoutOuts using the Visual Editor and Classic ShoutOuts. This guide will focus on the new ShoutOut interface
- In the WalkMe Editor, click the orange plus sign and select ShoutOut:
- Name the ShoutOut. (This name will not be visible to your end-users.)
- At this point, the ShoutOut Theme Gallery will open automatically, presenting you with a range of template options for your ShoutOut’s design:
- Select your chosen template and use it as is! or customize it using the Visual Editor by adding different elements by drag and drop into the ShoutOut canvas:
- You can edit the text of any part of the ShoutOut directly in the ShoutOut preview.
- Click a button in the preview to edit the button’s action.
Choose the WalkMe content that you want to play when the button is clicked.
- Click the Add New Object button to add additional content to the ShoutOut. Drag any desired elements into the ShoutOut preview.
- Click the Settings icon to set up Display Conditions:
- You can choose from the listed AutoPlay Rules:
- AutoPlay Rules (RECOMMENDED): Choose conditions to AutoPlay the ShoutOut)
- Turn AutoPlay Off: Trigger the ShoutOut using a Launcher.
- AutoPlay: Play when the user reaches any page of your site.
- To set up AutoPlay Rules, select AutoPlay Rules, then click Create an AutoPlay Rule:
The AutoPlay Rules should always begin with a URL, so that WalkMe only checks the AutoPlay conditions on the correct page.The URL rule may be the only rule needed, but you can also add additional rules based on user actions.
- You can then adjust Replay Settings for the AutoPlay Rule.
- Once a Day: plays the first time the AutoPlay rules are true each day
- Once: plays only once
- Always: plays every time the AutoPlay Rules are true
- You can also choose when to Cancel the AutoPlay Rules for the ShoutOut.
The AutoPlay will stop when the user takes any of the checked actions. RECOMMENDED: Cancel the AutoPlay only when the user clicks the Action Button. This will ensure that the user has interacted with the ShoutOut’s linked content before canceling the AutoPlay.
- Click Done to save the ShoutOut settings, and then click Save to save the ShoutOut.
In the Engagement tab, determine how the ShoutOut will play:
- Off: ShoutOut can be played via Permalink or Launcher;
- AutoPlay: ShoutOut automatically displays on pages that have WalkMe installed;
- Play according to a rule: Use the Rule Engine to determine when a ShoutOut automatically plays. The ShoutOut will display when the rule is true;
- Replay settings: Select how frequently ShoutOut appears. Choose between Once, Once a Day, Always, it is also possible to enable ShoutOuts to not play while a Smart Walk-Thru or another ShoutOut is in progress:
- Cancel Auto Play: Select which user action will cause the ShoutOut to stop showing the ShoutOut;
- Launchers: Use a Launcher to play a ShoutOut;
- Permalink: Create a link to load a webpage and play a ShoutOut.
In the Appearance tab, you can arrange the layer order (Z-order) of your ShouOut on the screen, making sure that your ShoutOut appears correctly, and is not hidden behind other elements.
Select the timing properties of your ShouOut, if you would like to add a delayed appearance.
Create Goals related to your KPIs to measure the efficacy of a ShoutOut. Just like Walk-Thrus, ShoutOuts have Main Goals and Milestones Goals. The goals will begin to be checked as soon as the ShoutOut has been played and will continue to track for two hours after.
For example, a ShoutOut that announces remaining days in a trial account with an action button to the upgrade page could have a goal that measures how many users actually upgrade as a Main Goal and visits to the upgrade page as a Milestone. Even if someone does not immediately upgrade upon seeing the ShoutOut, if they decide to upgrade within the next two hours you will be able to track completion.
ShoutOuts in Insights
Track ShoutOuts in Insights. From the ShoutOut dashboard, view how many times each ShoutOut has played, how many times the Action button has been clicked, and how many goals completed.