Dynamic Text for Smart Walk-Thru Auto-Steps and Redirect Steps can auto-fill text into input fields or redirect users to URLs using dynamic values. This is crucial since not all users go through automated processes the same way; some fields may need to be filled in with dynamic content, and, in some cases, users may need to be redirected to different web pages.
Dynamic Text for automation use cases include the following:
- Save users time by eliminating the need to enter the same information on multiple forms
- Reduce errors that occur when users manually input information that can instead be taken automatically from an existing field or location
- Avoid asking users to type in complicated codes and ID numbers
- Shorten the number of steps in a process
Dynamic Text for automation can be used in Smart Walk-Thru Steps of the following types:
- Auto-Steps (Fill Text and Select List Value step-types)
How it Works
Dynamic Text for Smart Walk-Thru Auto Steps and Redirect Steps pulls values from the page’s HTML (via jQuery), website cookies (small pieces of text that websites send to the browser and that are stored on the end-user’s terminal), variables, or WalkMe Data, and then reuses those values to save users time and minimize user-error.