User Management is a feature in Analytics that supports team collaboration in the WalkMe Editor. In User Management, users can view who has access to their WalkMe content and control different levels of access for other users in the WalkMe account. Set permissions and limitations for all those who access your Editor; for example, allow other users View Only access and other users Editing but not Publishing access.
Here are some examples of how to use roles:
- If you’re looking to have someone just publish a Smart Walk-Thru, without the ability to edit or change it, try the Publisher role. It will allow them to look over the Smart Walk-Thrus and publish only.
- If you’d like someone to create a Smart Walk-Thru for you, but you don’t want them to be able to publish it or make it “live” on your website, give them a Workspace Moderator role.
- If you want to preserve the integrity of the Smart Walk-Thru, assigning the Workspace Owner role. This role will allow a user to edit the text but not change the flow of the Smart Walk-Thru.
- If you’ve hired someone to translate your Smart Walk-Thru to another language, try giving them Translator role.
Note: If you have a Multi-System Administration account, please read our Multi-System Administration article as well.
How It Works
To access the User Management settings, go to Insights.walkme.com, navigate to the Accounts page, and in the left-hand menu, click on the User Management tab.
Add a New User
- In the Users tab, and fill in the form then click on the ADD USER button.
- When a new user is created, you must use an email address that isn’t already assigned to a WalkMe account.
- A new user must be assigned a role
- Workspace (broken down by each individual App)
- User Management
- Edit Languages
- Publish Rights (broken down into environments or ‘environments per MSA systems’ (if relevant))
Each feature can be assigned one of the following access rights level:
- Inherit – the permissions will be inherited from the relevant parent feature. E.g. If Test environment under Publish Rights feature is assigned Inherit, the value of the Publish Rights will be applied.
- None – the user will not have access to the feature. E.g. user None assigned to the Insights feature will not be able to login to Insights.
- Read – the user will only be able to view items.
- Modify – the user will be able to view and also modify the text. Applies only to items with texts.
- Write – the user will be able to view and modify the text and also to add new items.
Predefined roles are roles with set permissions intended for typical use cases.
Predefined roles can be viewed but not edited.
These are the predefined roles WalkMe support:
- Admin– Full access
- Analytics Access- View only (use case: Insights reviewer)
- Content Curator- View only (use case: reviewer)
- Content Moderator- Write (use case: technical writer)
- Publisher- View and publish
- Translator- Allow translator to translate content in the Multi-Language page
- Workspace Moderator- Full access, except publish and User Management
- Workspace Owner- Full access, except User Management
Adding a new custom role
WalkMe supports a number of pre-defined roles (see above) that cannot be edited, though it is possible to create any number of custom roles.
To add a new custom role:
- Click on the Roles tab
- Click on the ADD ROLE button
- Assign the appropriate access right to each feature:
The ability to view all of the systems that belong to your account and log in to their editor/insights using a single login. Sub users of a Multi System Account will see a “Homepage” whenever they log in to the editor or insights, from there they will be able to choose which system they want to work on (assuming they are permitted to access more than more system). The Multi System Account will have unified user management for all systems, with the ability to control which sub user can access which platform. See the systems “Homepage” example:
How to Manage Users within an MSA account?
- To navigate to the “homepage” shown above, click on the overlapping two folders in the top left corner of your Editor
- Then, you’ll be navigated to your homepage shown in the screenshot above
- Hover over the system that you’d like to add users to
- Hover over the person Icon
- Click Manage
- Fill out the form as you normally would to add a user!