User Management is a feature in Analytics that supports team collaboration in the WalkMe Editor. In User Management, view who has access to your Walk-Thrus and control different levels of access in the main Editor account for different users. Set permissions and limitations for all those who access your Editor; for example, allow some people View Only access and others Editing but not Publishing access.
The Short Version
Here are some examples of how to use roles:
- If you’re looking to have someone just publish a Walk-Thru, without the ability to edit or change it, try the Publisher role. It will allow them to look over the Walk-Thrus and publish.
- If you’d like someone to create a Walk-Thru for you, but you don’t want them to be able to publish it or make it “live” on your website, give them a Workspace Owner Role.
- If you want to preserve the integrity of the Walk-Thru, assigning the Workspace Moderator role. This will role allow a user to edit text but not change the flow of the Walk-Thru.
- If you’ve hired someone to translate your Walk-Thru, try giving them Edit Languages Permission, but restrict them from everything else.
Users are managed in the Analytics module in the User Management tab. In this view, you will see all the users with access to your account, role, and last time they logged in. You can add users, assign them to one of the seven default roles, create a custom role for them, or delete users.
This is an enabled feature for customers. If you do not see the User Management tab in Analytics and would like to enable it, please contact your CSM.
How It Works
User Management is found on analytics.walkme.com. There are two tabs in User Management: Users and Roles. In the main account in User Management, view a list of users with access to the Editor, add new users, edit role, and delete user.
Add A New User
- Workspace (broken down by each individual App)
- User Management
- Edit Languages
- Inherit – the permission will be inherited from the workspace permissions
- Read – the user with this role will only be able to view items
- Modify – the user with this role will be able to view and also change the text
- Write – user with this role will be able to add new items and change them
- Workspace Owner: Full access except user management
- Workspace Moderator: Full access except publish and user role management
- Content Curator: View only (use case: reviewer)
- Publisher: View and publish
- Analytics Access: View only (use case: analytics reviewer)
- Admin: Full access
- Content Moderator: Write (use case: language translator)