WalkMe’s new DAP Admin Center is your gateway to increased self-service and account transparency. A central dashboard for our WalkMe admins, you can now control your WalkMe set-up and configurations and perform certain account configurations on your own. The DAP Admin Center is the unified configuration area for WalkMe customers to set up their accounts, control their users’ access control and manage the systems they work on.
The DAP Admin Center helps you go-live faster the following configurations:
- Access control: Manage user permissions and roles when adding builders or a new user to Insights.
- Deployment: quickly embed the WalkMe snippet and download the extension.
- Add a new system: simply select a new system from a preconfigured list.
- An Admin would like to deploy WalkMe in the organization using the extension or by embedding the system’s snippet in source code.
- An Admin would like to add/edit users’ access or create/edit roles’ permissions for WalkMe services.
- An Admin would like to create a new system WalkMe will run on or change the URL/regex an existing system runs on.
- An Admin would like to change how end-users are identified in a system
How It Works
Once enabled by your Account Manager, the Admin Space can be accessed from the DAP Homepage:
Users & Roles
This area provides you with improved functionality of the Users and Roles page in analytics.walkme.com. For more information on Users and Roles, see the dedicated article here.
This shows the list of systems that are available under that account
- System column – The name of the system.
- For regular accounts – the name will be “System1” as default.
- For MSA accounts – the name will be derived from backoffice > Enterprise Account > Specific system > Shortname
- Active – a non-trial system
- Trial – a system which is configured as “Limited system” in backoffice
- URL – The first URL/regex which is defined for that system’s production environment (Synced automatically when the account is bound to account.
- Snippet – shown if there is no URL/regex to inject that system’s snippet
- Extension – Shown when there is a URL/regex that injects that system’s snippet
- Total users – User counter as derived from Insights
- User Identifier – The current “User Identifier” setting for that system
Offering the creation of a new system and the optional selection of predefined ones.
- New systems are created as “Trial” systems
- Regular account (one system account) which creates a new system, will be transitioned to an MSA with two systems – the original one, and the chosen new one.
- Choosing the following systems will automatically add the relevant Master features (Preset Configuration):
- Salesforce Lightning
- Success Factors
- Oracle HCM
This screen offers the following functionality:
- Editing the name of the system.
- Choosing the URLs/regex on which WalkMe’s content for that system will be shown. This configuration automatically affects the extension’s packages which are connected to that account.
- The configuration of URLs/regex is done per environment.
- Choosing the User Identifier method for that system
- This configuration is automatically synced with the configuration of User Identifier which is currently done in the Editor
- For any change to take place, the user still needs to publish the User Identifier to the specific environment and through the Editor